Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
November 2017: 12 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 22 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (31)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > Ellesmere Port model boat lake
Ellesmere Port model boat lake
(299 views)
NPJ
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 64
8th Nov 2017 18:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35531

Could someone describe the approach and parking at this venue please.

How close can you get a car, toilets, steps etc. as I have been asked to go, but not that good at getting about.

CHeers

NPJ

NPJ
pmdevlin
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 329
14th Nov 2017 22:35  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35807

I didn't know there was an Ellesmere Port model boat lake

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1403
14th Nov 2017 23:26  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35809

There isn't Paul. The E Port club used to sail in the basins at the Boat Museum but this facility has, I believe, been withdrawn as well as the March Boat Show facility.

The club was sailing at (I believe) the Vauxhall site in a temporary pond and there is talk of a March show at the former Hooton airfield site.

Perhaps one of the club members could post details in the Model Boat Club Section, Please?

Live long and prosper

Dave
NPJ
(Captain)

15th Nov 2017 06:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35816

Thanks for that chaps. I will drop that from my 'look at' list.

NPJ

NPJ
georgeo5664
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 58
15th Nov 2017 07:06  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35817

Paul,
We have a temporary pond at Hooton airfield and hopefully when we get settled we are thinking about putting a show on but not in March as it would be far to cold. Hope your keeping ok?

George

epmbcmember
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 16
16th Nov 2017 10:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35849

To answer NJP's question we can get a car within 30 feet of the temporary pond, less if you drive on the grass, the pool is about 12" deep. The pool has now been taken down for the winter but we have been asked to put a larger one up next year. There are toilets there although not 5 star, but these will be refurbished when there is cash available. The site is the Hooton Park Trust next to the old airfield. At the moment they are refurbishing the last hanger with a new Belfast truss roof. They do have a website and they are on facebook. You can also read about it if you type in RAF Hooton Park Airfield, which was opened in 1917 and closed in the 1950's I think. At one stage it was Liverpool Airport before Speke was opened.

pmdevlin
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 329
16th Nov 2017 10:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35850

Hi George, nice to hear from you, dare I ask you have the Fireboat any further on yet!😁

Nice site at Hooton Hangers, but my understanding from epm's post is it was a temporary pool and not there now? I was hoping they had a lake, it would have been a spectacular site.

I recall that there was some sailing years ago in raddle wharf on the other side of the museum, over by the hotel. Nice venue again, but very very deep and launching was a problem.

Shame to see a club struggling for a venue

georgeo5664
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 58
16th Nov 2017 10:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35851

Hi Paul yeah all good will post a picture of the fire boat it’s done 😁 yeah the pool is temporary we have took it down now but it will be back up in March I think. The pool is going to be bigger next year. Hooton is a great venue to be honest. Have a look at the photo it was taken at the beginning of the year mate.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

NPJ
(Captain)

16th Nov 2017 12:09  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35855

EMPB Member Thanks for that. I am looking for somewhere to be taken with an easy approach. Next Spring this sounds possible.

Providing the toilets work then great!

All the best.

NPJ

NPJ
epmbcmember
(Chief Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 16
16th Nov 2017 14:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35856

The toilets work, they are just not 5 star!

NPJ
(Captain)

16th Nov 2017 15:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/35857

I can cope with the odd missing star providing there is not anything else missing ...................

NPJ

NPJ