Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
February 2019: 8 people
January 2019: 16 people
December 2018: 6 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 9 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (23)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > M Sonic microprocessor ESC.
M Sonic microprocessor ESC.
(1266 views)
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 468
20th Jan 2018 13:48  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37634

Has anyone had experience of the M sonic microprocessor digital Eco Marine ESC. I had one given to me recently. But I have no details of rating, amps ,voltage etc. Any idea who makes them or how I can test without damage to motor or receiver or ESC. It has a Tamya battery connector also there was a totally dead 7.2 battery pack with it, but as the bag of bits it came in was a variety of junk and stuff from a neighbours loft it may have come from anything.
Cheers Colin.

Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1527
20th Jan 2018 14:02  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37635

Hi Colin
Could it be an Mtronik ESC? Not part of their current range but I do recall they had an Eco range in the past.
If you could post a pic that may help identify what you have. If you go to http://www.mtroniks.net/cat/Boat-Speed-Controls this shows their current range and the basic shape and design have not changed much over the years.

Live long and prosper

Dave
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jan 2018 14:15  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37637

I have just seen an Msonic advertised on Ebay. Its a tempo11 version and designed for model cars. It is an early Mtronik and possibly has a max voltage of 7.2 to 8.4 volts and probably 10 amps (my guess). As its maybe for a car the reverse may just be a brake.
If you plug it into a 7.2 battery or less, connect a motor and plug the ESC into a rx you should be able to test. Check that the rx plug is wired neg (black) pos (red) signal (white) incase it was being used with a differently wired rx ie the red then black then white. If so you will need to swop over the red and black wires.
The small button is used to set up the ESC once you get it going.

Live long and prosper

Dave
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2549
20th Jan 2018 15:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37642

Hi Colin,
check this out-
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9661....
Specs and setup described for an Msonic-3 Marine ECO.
cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jan 2018 15:46  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37643

Pictures as requested, says MARINE on it. Also ECO. and max get.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

COLIN.
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jan 2018 16:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37645

Thanks Doug. Looks simple, will hopefully try tonight , hope its a good one, looking to rc my small 60 year old tug, its been a free sail up to now, but been in dry dock since I left school in 1965, (found girls more interesting). Was in my mums loft till last year, so now its time to sail again.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2549
20th Jan 2018 16:55  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37646

Mon plaisir! Good luck👍
Much the same thing happened with my HMS Hotspur destroyer, slumbered for decades in one loft or shed or another, same reason 😉
happy converting, cheers Doug 😎

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jan 2018 19:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37650

Hi Colin
You have an Msonic micropro MAXFET Marine Eco unit.
May or may not be the same specs as the 3 Marine ECO.
The set up instructions are fairly standard and will be the same but I would be wary about using 12v as the early units, like yours, were often low voltage.
If you give Mtronics a call on Monday they will be able to advise you of the specs.

Live long and prosper

Dave
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

20th Jan 2018 21:06  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37651

Thanks Dave, will probably be using 6 volts, as the boat its for only has a motor rated at 1.5 to 6.0 volts which is from the late 1950's and is the original motor that my granddad fitted when it was built. It was originally a free sailed but I hope to add rc. Its the small one in the picture.

COLIN.
RHBaker
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 120
20th Jan 2018 23:18  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37655

My father built me one too. It had 2 x flat batteries and a “Mighty Midget” motor. It was well loved and suffered accordingly.
Brought it to Canada and did a refurbishment. Retained original shaft and prop but with a small motor. Fitted MTRONIKS 10 with a mini rudder servo.
Now sails well and passed to my Grandson for him to enjoy.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

21st Jan 2018 09:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/37661

Hi Colin
Looks a bit like the Graupner Pollux tugs,
I had a similar vintage tug from the early 1960s called Libeccio, was free running, Mighty Midget and fixed adjustable rudder. Converted to rc and used to push my Mercantic coaster around as they were similar scales.
The hull eventually disintegrated (early extruded plastic) but my friend Bill managed to make a mould and cast in resin. In fact we use the hull with different designs for children to sail at shows. I usually have one in stock as they make a good starter model for new members.
300 size motors with a 10 amp ESC and 6v Nimh work fine.
Hope you mange to get yours going.

Live long and prosper

Dave