Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
August 2018: 4 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 13 people
February 2018: 8 people
January 2018: 25 people
December 2017: 3 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (19)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > Lesro Javelin restoration
Lesro Javelin restoration
(72 views)
sparkywales
(Apprentice)

Forum Posts: 1
27th Jul 2018 23:07  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44291

I am currently restoring a old Javelin I had as a teenager.
The boat currently has a Irvine 45 ABC I/C engine. My question is can these engines still be used on local lakes, I live in South Wales UK? Is it worth removing the engine and fitting the hull with electric?

Thanks for you help

Mark

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 592
28th Jul 2018 09:41  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/44294

My answer would always be if the engine starts easily, use it and the hell with jobswuffs who would tell you no. Just don't ask. Go when nobody else is around. If its a natural lake it maybe doesn't belong to anyone, so go ahead. If the owner can prove it can't be used, by proving he IS the owner, then desist and find another body of water. There are quite a few in Wales after all. Alas, if you join a local club they will be bound to say no IC engines. They nearly all tend to now, whether they have the right to or not. I'd say leave them alone and enjoy yourself on a river or natural lake. Only if you just cannot find anywhere to run IC should you give in to electric. Good luck.

Martin
The Anarchists Boat Club.