Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
February 2019: 7 people
January 2019: 16 people
December 2018: 6 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 10 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (28)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Hobby Chit Chat! > tvr steam engine
tvr steam engine
(142 views)
Newby7
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 42
11th Feb 2019 17:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50334

Hello all and to Gary
I' m looking for the tread size for the ports of the TVR steam engine are they 1/4 32 or 1/4 40 as I want to order fittings in advance of my building the engine .
Rick

GaryLCoupland
(Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 26
12th Feb 2019 18:58  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50351

Hi Rick, and I am hoping this helps, the inlet and exhaust manifolds on the engine have no fittings included for you to screw onto, the connecting end is just a plain 1/8" brass pipe, so you need to silver-solder your fitting to suit. I have included a photo which hopefully will help. you are going to need some elbows (90* bends) and maybe a Tee piece or two, globe valves and the pipe fittings to put it all together, plus a condenser to collect and separate the exhaust waste steam. My condenser is simply a piece of 2" brass pipe, I can do you some piping diagrams for you if this helps, or send me a plan of how you are going to connect it all together. The end result will be worth it I promise. Regards, Gary. Hang on in there I have every confidence.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Gary L Coupland
GaryLCoupland
(Lieutenant)

12th Feb 2019 19:21  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50353

Inspiration, a beautiful thing almost a work of art.

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Gary L Coupland
GaryLCoupland
(Lieutenant)

12th Feb 2019 22:28  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50357

Hi Rick I am having a few problems here trying to manipulate this website, I have read your message asking about an engine flywheel, and I will make one for you as I have the necessary diameter brass bar. your problem is figuring out how I get it to you, let me know how we can accomplish this problem. Regards, Gary.

Gary L Coupland
Newby7
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 42
12th Feb 2019 23:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/50358

Hi Gary my e-mail is rgroff7@cogeco.ca you can e-mail me and we can figure out .
Rick