Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (9)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Non-Hobby Chat > HI From Munich
HI From Munich
(1645 views)
kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 11
21st May 2013 17:29  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/10070

Just found the site and thought I'd Introduce myself. I'm a 50s ex-pat brit living and working just outside Munich. Main hobbies are saxophone and photography. Used to be a keen aeromodeller at school In the 60s/70s, almost all control line stuff, but I did build one hovercraft. Plenty of water around here...

During that time a friend gave me a model RAF fire tender 34" to rebuild and re-engine. On condition that It was used. Sadly other things got In the way, but It's now time to do something with It. From what I've read so far It appears to be an aerokits model. However most of the fittings are missing.

I'm new to boats, RC and electrics. All pointers gratefully accepted. Will be doing a lot of digging through here over the next few days/weeks/years...

CaptLarry
(Sub-Lieutenant)

25th May 2013 13:53  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/10108

Howdy!
I too, am new to the site altho I have been building for some time. Like you I have built a lot of model aircraft, and have transitioned Into boating. I guess I was tired of picking up pieces, and the expense.
I have several scale kits to build (Colin Archer 414 Is one), but I think with the never ending wind here In Texas a RC land sailer would be fun. Maybe something solar %uD83D%uDE0E!
One resource for RC sets, parts, fittings, building materials, kits, tools,etc., Is Tower Hobbies.com. I know that they do ship world wide. Dumas Boats has a variety of fittings for most any scale. For LED lighting I found a web site MiniInTheBox, and still exploring what It has to offer.
I have traveled quite a bit, but I have not made It to Germany, or GB. Still on my "bucket list".
How Is your boat project progressing?

Attached Files - Click To View Large

CaptLarry
kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

25th May 2013 21:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/10113

Progressing.... Not! Am looking for all the parts atm. Motor, radio, rudder, paint, fittings etc. Then I'll get going. I hate starting something, then having to stop because either I don't know what to do, or I'm missing something. Looking at the videos, I'm expecting something pretty quick... 😎

CaptLarry
(Sub-Lieutenant)

26th May 2013 19:17  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/10115

I understand about not having tools or materials. Sometimes I start Into a project, only to discover I did not think It through thoroughly, and spend most of the time "parts chas'in" arrrgggggg.....!!!
Howz your weather there today? Unusually cool here today for a Texas Spring. Taking time out to watch the Indy 500.

CaptLarry
kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

20th Jun 2013 18:01  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/10310

Hot as anything atm. Hoping for rain. Lots of floods a couple of weeks ago.

Found a motor, and batteries. Now for the radio, servers etc.

Flack
(Admiral)

Forum Posts: 153
27th Oct 2013 18:45  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/11354

It's a bit since this thread was stated so not sure If you are still looking for the fittings kit for the 34" RAF Crash Tender, If you are try
www.vintagemodelboats.com, they do a set off deck fittings for the crash tender at £35-00p

kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

27th Oct 2013 20:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/11362

Thanks, am still looking. Will try them.

Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 13
15th Feb 2017 00:25  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/26047

I was given a RAF crash tender kit many, many years ago when I was eleven, and a boy in Yorkshire. Now live in Queensland , Australia. I think it was a too much for me, and my Dad wasn't interested, too busy........ and well not a good Dad anyway. It was left partly constructed for years and then I completed the hull and installed an ic engine. Left for more years until I saw this site. Bought a fittings kit and now my boat looks very like others on line.still haven't sailed it, as more needs to be done. I will put up some photos soon. It is interesting to see the differences in the crash tender photos from the members. I guess it reflects our personalities and our boat's histories.

kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

4th Mar 2017 19:22  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/26540

Must get on with it, I eventually got the fittings, but lost interest. Time to do something.

Hugh
(Sub-Lieutenant)

Forum Posts: 13
5th Mar 2017 00:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/26545

Like you made control line aircraft at school, and then returned to it a few years ago and joined a club. Good luck with your build.

kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

23rd Apr 2017 12:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27681

Well, I finally found some time to start. Lots of work to do. Hopefully I can sail it this summer.

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1032
23rd Apr 2017 23:04  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/27696

Meet you in the Ostpark?
Servus Doug 😎
"Immer ein Handbreite Wasser unter deinem Kiel!"

"Retirement is when you stop living at work -
and start working at living!" i.e. boat modelling!" 舰队的海军上将 😉 Doug
kevgermany
(Petty Officer)

30th Jul 2017 10:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31582

Yes, good idea, but I've only started sanding the hull so far. Time.... Not much of it.