Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2017: 1 person
November 2017: 13 people
October 2017: 9 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 20 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (29)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Non-Hobby Chat > messages and notifications
messages and notifications
(122 views)
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 183
11th Oct 2017 16:19  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34385

Two questions peeps. How do I delete old messages please. And I have received notifications saying someone likes my post and to view on line but I don't know who from and can't find them when I go on the forum. Could there be a way of saying who it is liking my post or in connection with which thread.? Cheers John O/T👍😊P.S. this is over last few days.

Dave M
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 1427
12th Oct 2017 10:47  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/34410

Hi Chris
Unless you have turned off notifications on your PC/Tablet etc you should receive a message saying who has liked your post.
I received one today.
Message headed "Someone likes your post" 'Skydive130 liked Painting commenced! Looking good. Must be a new type of paint with that overnight finishing technique!'

Stephen (Fireboat) posted a reply in May this year on the Forum under 'anything website related - Private Messages'.

"Private messages from other members cannot be deleted, only marked as read. You can delete private messages you send, which will also delete it from the recipient, but it's not advised. As soon as you send a PM an email will go out to the recipient in any case which of course cannot be retracted...

You want to do this to tidy up your private messages page?

Stephen"

If you need further clarification I suggest you send Stephen (Fireboat) a personal message.
Dave

Live long and prosper

Dave