Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
December 2018: 4 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 24 people
March 2018: 11 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (11)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Non-Hobby Chat > Aldi excellent service
Aldi excellent service
(262 views)
onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 462
2nd Nov 2018 11:49  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47651

Just had excellent service from Aldi. The rotary multi tool I bought packed up. I contacted a lovely sounding lass who has arranged for a replacement and told me to keep the faulty one. Now have a project. I think vibration was the cause from a bent mandrel. Might be a soldered joint needs fixing or the speed control gone u/s. Wish me luck John O/T👍👍👍

Westquay
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 796
2nd Nov 2018 14:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47654

I thought a minidrill had gone west on me, but then found the motor was OK, so , with items from a discarded fax machine I made a small mill/drill attachment for the vertical slide of my modelmakers' lathe. It had made an awful lot of wheels since! I use it to mill out spokes and drill holes on things like BRM and Dunlop wheels and it did all the series of British Touring Cars models I made for the teams back in the Cavalier/Mondeo days, when you could tell what they were and there were no stinking grunty oil burners.

Martin

onetenor
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 462
5th Nov 2018 23:23  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47768

I fixed the broken one easily. A wire broke where it entered the little pcb.Lifted the board to unsolder the stub of wire left in place and poked it out with a cocktail stick. The wire still had enough exposed wire to pop through the hole and a quick dab with the soldering iron and it wa fixed. Getting the case closed properly was a pig but fixed now. Replacement arrived today too. Woo Hoo.👍🤓
P.S. what does this represent😤?

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2484
5th Nov 2018 23:42  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/47775

Way to go John 👍
I think that emoticon means something like "Harrumph"!😁
(Or Huff Huff, Snuff Snuff!)

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug