Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
January 2019: 14 people
December 2018: 6 people
November 2018: 11 people
October 2018: 9 people
September 2018: 13 people
August 2018: 5 people
July 2018: 8 people
June 2018: 8 people
May 2018: 7 people
April 2018: 19 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (12)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad

Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Non-Hobby Chat > New knee, outdoor trials begin.
New knee, outdoor trials begin.
(504 views)
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 437
29th Nov 2018 21:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48490

Hi fellow boaters, tomorrow is the day I have the staples out on my new knee. And starting Monday at knee clinic, so far so good, movement is good enough to allow me to walk with my crutches, most of the post operation swelling is gone now, a bit of bruising still, only a few painful reminders when I try to stretch or bend it. But should be back modelling very soon. Looking forward to getting my dad's old sea commander ready for the taycol supermarine being restored by Doug in Munich. Well that's all for now folk's,
Cheers Colin.

Fair winds and calm waters,
COLIN.
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 514
29th Nov 2018 22:32  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48494

Hi Colin,

That sounds great! push forward!
I look forward to seeing.
The post of your dad's Sea Commander.
Up and running!

Cheers, Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
73's
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

Forum Posts: 2538
29th Nov 2018 23:16  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48495

Hey Colin, I've got a staple remover 😉 you could nip over here, I'll whip the staples out and you can take the Supermarine back with you! 😁😁

Seriously though folks🤓; Great news Colin, esp. after all this time and pain 👍 Very happy for you 😊

Wasn't kidding about the motor. I'll be updating the 'Resurrection' blog soon.
Attached are a few preview pics of the final tests run at the weekend.
She's chuntering along at 11.1V (equivalent to a 3S LiPo) drawing about 1.3A off load.
I've made up a set of connecting leads and set it up to run ahead with an RH prop as requested. I've assumed your ESC will have bullet connectors!?
FF I've added a Red/Green LED to indicate if it should be running forwards (clockwise) or backwards. BTW: I wouldn't recommend full astern on any more than 7.4/8.6V, she don't like it 😱
Shall I put it in that natty plastic box? Or will you just screw it to a wooden frame? All the best to you both, Cheers, Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

Young at heart - slightly older in other places 😉 Cheers Doug
figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 01:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48496

Fantastic Work Doug! 👍

Cheers, Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
73's
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 07:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48497

Morning Doug, thanks for the motor work, I think the box would be best, it looks so much tidyer. Just off to get the staples out, will let you know how it goes today.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 07:51  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48498

Thanks Ed 😊
Here's a reminder of what I started with!! 🤔
Cheers, Doug 😎

Attached Files - Click To View Large

RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 07:55  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48499

OK Colin, Box it is.👍
Just to be on the safe side I'll also bolt an alu heat sink to the rectifier, just as soon as I can find my heat sink paste!!
Viel Erfolg heute, Cheers, Doug 😎
PS and I THANK YOU for the HMS KGV kit and the box of mini motors etc 👍👍

figtree7nts
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 13:23  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48502

Afternoon Doug,

You out did yourself.
On the restoration of Colin's Motor!
"Bravo Zulu"!👍

Cheers, Ed

"Fair winds calm Seas"
73's
Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 14:52  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48508

Doug, sounds like a really professional job, I only hope that you get as much enjoyment from the stuff I sent you, I know that you will with the KG V.
Just got back from an epic morning, surgery had screwed up, no qualified staff to remove the staples, had to wait till they located a surgery the other side of the town with a qualified nurse, then nearly an hour in heavy traffic I arrived and still had to wait another 30 minutes till the nurse called me, on removing the dress it was obvious that there was a problem with the operation, it was very inflamed and very hot, the staples were almost hidden by the swelling along the scar site. They had to get a second nurse to assist as they had to dig out the staples, as they came out it started weeping out yellow gunge, extremely painful, and they have had to put me on antibiotics to try and clear it up. They don't think I can have physiotherapy until it is clear. At least the pain is easing now.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.
RNinMunich
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 15:44  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48511

Oh yay oh yay! 😡
Hang in there Buddy👍
All the best, Doug

steve-d
(Commander)

Forum Posts: 61
30th Nov 2018 17:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48519

That doesn't sound good Colin.
I have two knees that are heading towards replacement so was going to ask how long the recovery path was. I don't think I will now as your path has taken a backwards turn. Hope it gets back on track soon.
Steve

Colin H.
(Fleet Admiral!)

30th Nov 2018 17:57  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/48524

Steve, don't be put of by my experiences, mine problem is caused by local health care group not being able to give patients referred by a hospital the aftercare they need. My friend who had the same operation on the same day, but lives in Wales, hasn't had any problems and even gets District nurse visits, to check his condition daily.
So be brave and as long as you can follow the discharge rules then you will be fine.
Cheers Colin.

COLIN.