Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info
Login Below
Join Us On Social Media!

Get The Model Boats App!
Apple App Store
Android app on Google Play

Help Support This Website
£
or enter custom amount

(Non Contributor)

Help support this free
website and donate.

£285 a year is needed to keep the website and apps online. Please consider donating £5 or more to help towards these fees.
All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support.

Model Boats Website Team

Donation History
October 2017: 7 people
September 2017: 15 people
August 2017: 10 people
July 2017: 16 people
June 2017: 8 people
May 2017: 8 people
April 2017: 23 people
March 2017: 9 people
February 2017: 4 people

Unique Visitors This Month

Website Members

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy
Advertising
Contact

Model Boats Website
Active Users (23)
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
Login or Register
To Remove This Ad
>> Home > Forum > Plans! > huntsman plan
huntsman plan
(482 views)
big-tone
(Petty Officer)

Forum Posts: 3
9th Aug 2017 21:08  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31897

hi all looking for plan for the 46"fairey huntsman. I have been checking wed sites but cant find any.wondering if anyone has a set that I could copy or know if still available
thanks tony

canabus
(Captain)

Forum Posts: 57
10th Aug 2017 07:40  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31916

Hi big-tone
I found a 42" Vic Smeed plan on EBay.
Hope this helps.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Scale-1-8-42-Radio-Control-M...
Canabus

big-tone
(Petty Officer)

10th Aug 2017 09:05  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31918

Thanks cannabis but that's the 28' version without back cabin mine is the 31'

Black Dog Jack
(Seaman)

11th Aug 2017 16:12  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31962

Model Boats magazine January 2016 ncluded a free plan of a Huntsman 31 complete with photos and a step by step build guide. Unfortunately the model is 24". I also wanted a bigger model so I redrew the plan double size. It wasn't too difficult and only took a couple of evenings with a some lining paper from B&Q and a calculator and voila! At the moment I am planking the roof of the cabins and trying to decide between a brushless motor and an old Weston rare earth brushed motor I used to use for fast electrics. The article in MB also ran into February 2016 where all the fiddly finishing bits were described, also with many photos.
I expect one can obtain back issues from their web site. Anyone interested in Huntsmen should get these two issues for the detail alone.

big-tone
(Petty Officer)

11th Aug 2017 18:13  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/31966

thanks for the info will take a look see if I can get the back issue. mine is a 46 inch refurb I picked on ebay going to strip back and bring back to former glory as its about 50 years old I was told

Gravedigger47
(Chief Petty Officer)

12th Aug 2017 20:30  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32004

You must be very lucky,
I have m/b 2016 right through but never saw a free plan will have to look again.
Hope its there 👍

Black Dog Jack
(Seaman)

13th Aug 2017 07:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32008

Now you mention it, I might have got carried away there! I now think I must have sent off for the plans after reading the two articles. Apologies guys. (Sulks and shuffles off, head down).

ChrisF
(Seaman)

Forum Posts: 6
7th Sep 2017 23:59  
>> Permalink
mdlbt.com/32881

Big Tone - what you have sounds like a Huntsman built from the Precedent kit.

Plans are sometimes on EBay for the drawings for other kits but I've never seen any for the Precedent. But be wary of the EBay offerings - I've bought drawings and the templates have been very poorly traced/drawn and are almost useless and I've had to redraw them.

But as regards the Precedent I have one, bought already built and done pretty well so if you want any photos let me know.

Chris

Concentrating on the fine Fairey Marine boats