|||
Current Website Support
257
Contributors
10
Subscribers
You are Not Registered
Donate for your silver medal πŸ…
Β£10
Β£15
Β£25
Β£50
Subscribe for your gold medal πŸ…
Β£1
Β£3
Β£5
Β£10
You Will Be Helping Towards:

  • Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

    Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

    Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

    Read more

    All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

    Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Search
    Search
    Forum
    Fishtailing
    Hi DG, Reading through one of the articles I noticed the following. Always ground the motor cans by connecting them to your propeller shaft
    stuffing box
    . If they are not connected to anything other than the suppression capacitors, they will act as big fat antennas radiating the RFI coupled into them by the capacitors! Exactly the opposite of what you want! Also ground the negative battery supply lead so that you have ONE 0V or ground reference point. Make sure the propeller end of the
    stuffing box
    has a small area without paint to make contact with the pond water. Although the pond is not a great electrical conductor, it does act as a weak ground plane, dissipating the motor can RFI signals to ground. I am assuming that you have to connect a negative lead to the motor can and then on to the prop shaft. In all the years that I have been model making I have never done this or know of anyone who has. Maybe it is something that I should do. Martin.
    3 months ago by Martin555
    Blog
    She has a heartbeat
    Hi everybody. Got a bit more done, added the fwd deck inserts and then installed the radio. I was going to lay down ply floors on either side of the
    stuffing box
    but all I had on hand was way too thin, less than 1/16. THEN, I found a piece of coroplast. I cut the floors out of that, scuffed the gluing side down with medium sandpaper, and glued them in place. The battery is velcroed in, as is the esc, while the steering servo uses Tamiya’s very thin, very sticky black servo mounting tape. Once set, this tape mounts very solidly with very little give. The rx is velcroed high up the hull side, and the servo and esc wires are trapped by Velcro just underneath. I could run her this way, but I have a bit more to do first. Cash😌s
    6 months ago by Cashrc


    About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info