I would love to have the Joffre if she is the twin screw one, But I think you are in Scotland if you are then sending it via some carriers would cost also it may get damage. Good luck with the sales. Fred
Hi Going on their advert it looks like an old H.F.M kit brought up to date, I had the H.F.M one back in 1990 that cost me all of £70.00, if I remember right I had to increase the under water size of the rudder. As for sailing I don't remember much as after a few times out, I found that sail boats just was not my thing. Sorry that I can not be any more help Fred
Hi RNinMunic Yes I do agree with some of what you are saying, but some of the members can not take a laptop with them or do not have a laptop, so far my HP laptop has been back to HP four times for repair, I am now thinking of an Apple laptop, As for going away I have to take a cpap with me for the medical problems that I have, to carry that+laptop + help the wife who is disabled and only having two hands, at times I feel I need more hands. Sorry rant over. Look you have given a lot of advice to a lot of members and I bet you will keep on doing so, in the past you have given me some advice that has made me look at things in a different light,🤔 One thing I use my tablet more to read e-books than as a hand held P/C, Fred
Hi I also went and got this model, that would have been about 18 month's ago, I have still not finished it. Could not get anything to fit right, so in the end I just went for it, twin rudder along with twin props, 😱 just hope that it will work O.K. FRED
Hi Doug Good point👍 I have just made more work for myself😆, my thoughts behind it was that I could see my fixing marking's when I started fitting the cross beams for the rudder servo and speed controller. All the best Fred
Hi Sorry for the delay in posting, as you see I have now fitted new deck beams along with cutting out and fitting box's around the anchor port's, I have also painted the inside of the hull, next job is to fix some new cross beams for the new decks to sit on.
Now the fun starts I started by rubbing down the inside of the bulwarks, in doing so I found that they had not been taken down to their correct level. so I started by removing the excess until they were all at the correct level. I the started to fitting all new deck beams and tided up the gunge that had been used to fix the shafts and rudder posts, You my ask whey have I not use filler to smooth out the bulwarks, well I am going to try plastic card, I am hoping that it will work so when I come to fit all the rib's to the bulwarks I can use liquid glue and not super glue. Sorry but I will have to post the photos later as the battery in my camera need's charging. Fred
Now that the decks are removed I was then able to see how all the running gear was placed and fixed, I was in luck as the original builder had use a 300 type motor x 2 and had not gone down the servo motor route, I removed all the running gear alone with the electrics that was in place, I now turned my attention to the shafts, as they were fixed in place I felt that it would do more damage to remove them and replace them with new, it is a shame that the prop's are plastic I just may well look at replacing them at a later date. I now looked at the rudders and as they are of white metal I felt that they would be O.K.
Hi Dave M Thank you for your advice, I did not see the box until I had posted, I will do it next time. This is my first time ever at doing a Build Blog let alone a rebuild so this is a very steep learning cover for me in one way or anther👍 , so sorry for any mistakes that I am likely to make. RH Baker yes your boat is the best size but I have an SLK😊 and the boot space is a bit tight, so most of my boats just will not fit so I now have to ask if any one can take them to our lake or show for me, All the Best Fred
I first started by removing all the decks, this was just a case of running a knife around the inside of the hull, the decks just feel out as it looked as if they had been fixed to the hull with double sided tape but it was just a case of using the wrong type of glue😆, on removing the fore-deck I found that it was in two pieces, think I will make the new one in one piece, I left all the deck fitting’s fixed to the decks so that they would not get lost,