All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.
Many thanks for your kind support.
Model Boats Website Team
February 2018: 4 people January 2018: 25 people December 2017: 7 people November 2017: 13 people October 2017: 9 people September 2017: 15 people August 2017: 10 people July 2017: 16 people June 2017: 1 person
Dumas kit Carol Moran, renamed Michael for my first grandson.My first build, learning how to make those brass railings each post being soldered following a paper pattern. Some customizing at the request of my grandson with added port holes, and deck features. He helped to paint it.
I am principal percussionist in our local community concert band. This up coming spring season sees me on the tympani on every selection. Just never know from season to season what the requirements will be. Big band, to show tunes, to marches and classics.
Booked a dinner out too, but the best place in town had tables beginning at 4:30 or later after 8. We settle for the early booking leaving the evening open for other activites...concert band rehearsal @ 7
I have installed a Hitec HS-82MG servo for the sails and the HS-81 for the rudder. In all my searching through various sites I can find no verbal with illustrations telling how to attach the kite string (Sheet) from beginning to end. I know, I need a bowsie for the main sail in there some where too. The Jib is rigged with a single bowsie with the sheet running through the ring which slides on the rail. The Jib will not be controlled by the servo arm, I am not sure how much torque these small servos can take? So I need help running the kite string from below deck up to the main sail.
Colin, an IPad works well too. Nicely done tugs! What size is the little one? Are there figures on those too? Possibly some H.O. Scale figures might work or another train scale. I used 1/72 figures on my tug.
Donnieboy we gotta get your Harbour photos and personal photo done. I can help you do this. I used kite string to rig the boat, dipping the cut string in liquid glue to keep it from fraying. When dry, the line went easily through the holes. I know these home made Bowie’s are not as nice as the purchased ones, but they will do just fine for awhile.
This is a 1941, Comet kit. I used the old kit’s wood as patterns while making parts from birch ply, basswood and mahogany. The scroll saw was a big help in cutting the printed parts from the old wood. Wish I had one when cutting printed parts for rubber powered airplanes.
I was in contact with Nat, at: www.GannonAndBenjami.com where he said I should stay with a Marconi sail for the Gypsy sailboat. I must make a small Jib and Main sail. I bought some polyester material that is water resistant at a local fabric store. Not much required, but I know that one can not just cut from a 2D plan the cloth and attach it to the mast and boom. I have been studying how to make a Dacron sail. https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Dacron-Sail/
I really like your work done on this boat. How did you go about building it from scratch? By scratch, does this mean making all the parts? I built the 1/72 Airfix kit painting it like you have here. I like that you have also included the side hatch where the wounded could be transported on stretchers. I will send some photos of my kit, but I ‘d enjoy seeing more of this boat you made. Best regards, Ron
If you have not repaired this yet, I use Gorilla glue. It comes in several formulas, so read the label. One type will expand while curing. I do not use this type.I use the CA gel from Gorilla and the white waterproof glue .
I am putting the switch inside the hatch cover. Never realized the “switch” could be such a topic Starter. It seemed like an attractive alternative to opening up the hatch to turn off the boat, especially since its location was protected by the hatch roof and located at the back of the hatch. I keep moisture wicking packs found in electronics packaging, in the hull of my boats.