I’ve fitted the deck and painted. I have also painted the internal shelves for the electrics and added my name and build details to one of the deck beams! The deck is not glued down yet. I have used plastic board and painted with a tile paint to seal.
I was intending to use a winch from a previous model however I had a spare couple of hours and it was raining so I made a new one! Will add the warps which will hide the bright drums so no need to rust!!
So I’ve just tested the hulk in the water and she is sitting pretty! I filled the keel with cement which has brought her down to the water line. Tested the electrics too and she moves nicely... once the cement has dried I will give the hull a seal of paint on the inside and then it’s deck on time!
A two week holiday, promotion at work and getting the spring cleaning done has meant little time for building in March.. However the suns out and as I said to my wife it’s the perfect weather for fibre glassing!! Spending some time this weekend fitting the deck beams and shelves so the structure below deckline is finished!
This is another scratch build fishing boat. The hull is a models by design Cygnus GM33. 16th scale. This one will be a pure trawler. I am going for an aft wheelhouse this time! The prop shaft and rudder have been purchased but all other running gear will be shared with Emily P III.