All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.
Many thanks for your kind support.
Model Boats Website Team
December 2017: 5 people November 2017: 13 people October 2017: 9 people September 2017: 15 people August 2017: 10 people July 2017: 16 people June 2017: 8 people May 2017: 8 people April 2017: 16 people
While waiting for a second coat of epoxy to dry on my other model i enlarged some plans of an old Sea Hornet kit that I purchased a few days ago. I copied them 25% larger which gives length of 32 inches i then cut out the keel and bulkheads, i have only fitted them loosely for the picture. Done a bit more to the hull and fitted the stringers and the bottom skins
Just started building from the plan. Started the bottom skins today,had to do them in two parts. Finished the bottom and side skins, fitted the propshaft and rudder tubes. Just give the inside of the hull a coat of epoxy. Just fitted the brushless motor,took chance on the motor size and power. I started on the decking using 1mm ply, when that's done i intend to plank over it. Finished the planking today and started the hatch cover which will fit the cabin onto, the deck will be painted over. Started work on the wheelhouse,the plan shows the front and sides being double skined with the glazing in the centre,using 1.6mm ply for the inside and 1mm plastic(palight)for the outside. Will keep you posted on the outcome. Changed my mind on putting the plastic part with the glazing on the outside and put it on the inside instead. Did some more over the last few days, coming along slowly.