|||
Not Registered
Go AD FREE & get your membership medal
BRONZE
Less Ads
SILVER
GOLD
Ad Free
Cancel
Anytime
ยฃ2.50
ยฃ4.50
ยฃ6.50
Subscribe
Go AD FREE & get your membership medal
BRONZE
Less Ads
SILVER
GOLD
Ad Free
For A Whole Year!
ยฃ25
ยฃ45
ยฃ65
Donate
You Will Be Helping Towards:

  • Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

    Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

    Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

    Read more

    All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

    Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

    Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Kathryn - a Thames Bawley - 3
    1 Post ยท 0 Followers ยท 4 Photos ยท 9 Likes
    Began 2 months ago by
    Captain
    United Kingdom
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 2 months ago by
    Captain
    United Kingdom
    Most recent posts shown first   (Show Oldest First) (Print Booklet)
    ๐Ÿ“ Kathryn - a Thames Bawley - 3
    2 months ago by ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง flaxbybuck ( Captain)
    โœง 45 Views ยท 9 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Add Comment
    After doing a bit of research into Thames Bawleys I discovered they were built in a number of different lengths, and this enabled me to adopt a scale of 1:16 for my boat. Once this was settled it allowed me to progress with the build.

    The original deck was in a terrible state, and totally unrepairable, so I removed it completely whilst retaining sections of it around the gunwales. The new deck would then sit on these sections. The bowsprit supports (the two vertical members) were left in situ, so I decided to have a join in the deck at this point, the small section forward being fixed in place, whilst the main deck piece was planned to be screwed down and removable. This was to allow access to the inside of the hull which would otherwise only be accessible through the hatch.

    After making a card pattern for the deck and adjusting it for a close fit the new ply deck was cut out and the edges smoothed. Screw positions were marked on the ply, holes drilled and countersunk. The planking was then drawn on using a black pencil. A simplified (ie. rectangular) hatch was then cut out and coamings glued into place, with supporting battens on the underside of the deck.



    About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy