• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    GRAUPNER SPEED PROFI 25 REGULATOR
    24 Posts ยท 5 Followers ยท 10 Photos ยท 27 Likes
    Began 2 years ago by
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Italy
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 2 years ago by
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Italy
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    ๐Ÿ“ GRAUPNER SPEED PROFI 25 REGULATOR
    Flag
    Online: 1 month ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Good Morning Doug, Just a couple of more clarifications.
    Of which material i need to use the thrust washer between the prop and the tube? Copper? Brass?
    Please can you indicate me where to find on the web a Low Battery Alarm Buzzer for 6V battery Lead? because i can find only for LiPo batteries.
    Which one is the different between LED at 6 Volts and the lights at 6Volts?
    Because i can find LED and Lamps with the same shape of the LEDS. The question is generated becausee if i utilize the lamps i do not need to utilize the resistors as on the LED. Thanks
    Login To
    Remove Ads

fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Doug here i attach the picture of what i mentioned in the previous mail
    The Switch to connect to the RX and the group of Leds, in this case i need to switch of this one for one gruop of leds and the second for the second group of leds. Moreover i attach the picture of the ESC that i founded in order to utilize the PB battery. This esc works with NiCd batteries and i suppose can works with Pb. Thanks and i hope in your help and also that the informations are enough to make you a clear picture of my project.Ciao
    fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Dear Doug, thanks for replay but i become your nightmare because now i need to finalize all the information on the realization of the project.
    I attach here 2 pages where i resume the situation. On page 1 i rappresent the total situation related with all the equipments to be utilize on my Krabbe 12Ton Graupner. On the Page 1 i rappresent also the location and the number of Leds that i would like to utilize on the boat. On the page 2 i show the Leds and the relative Resistors to utilize according the color.
    I would like to ask you to check if the Resistors mentioned by me are corrects according the Led Color. Moreover always on page 2 i ask in which way to connect the LEds if in Series or Parralel or one by one and in this case each of them with one Resistor that is suppose is the best way. Moreover i would like to switch on in the same time by the same switch the 2 white leds on the Mast Plus the 2 White leds *one infrom of the cabin and 1 on the back of cabin. Moreover by a second channel i would like to switch on by the same switch the Red ] Green Led and the Led inside the cabin. Now what i really do not know is how to power this 2 groups of Leds. I would like to use the same battery that i use for the main motor ( Pb 6V with 4200 mA/h) but how to switch on the to groups indipendently on from the other? I need to utilize to Switch to connect in 2 different channels of the RX for example channel 5 and 6? But can i use a switch connected with RX to switch for example the 4 white leds all in one time? what i need to jont the 4 wires (-) and the 4 wires (+) of the leds to joint the switch? please see page 3 of the attached document. and in the same way i can use a secontd switch to connect to an other channel of the RX where i joint 1 led white+1 led red+1 led green? Morever the main battery can support motor plus leds. Of course i do not keep the leds ON for all time just for example 10 minutes considering that such battery for my 280 Speed motor can supply power for at least 60 minutes (only for motor). Thanks
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    53 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fulvio,
    "Can I use it with Pb battery?"
    Yes you can, but you have to 'fool' the ESC Cut Off circuit๐Ÿ˜‰
    IF possible (DIP switch or jumper plug) set the ESC to NiMH battery.
    The ESC should then assume a 5 cell NiMH if you use a 6V Pb battery, or 10 cells for a 12V battery. If possible by programming (easiest with a programming card if available) set the number of cells manually to 5 or 10 as appropriate.
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.๐Ÿ˜Š Cheers Doug
    fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    54 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Thanks Doug for your complete explanation. I will follow your concepts for sure. One more topic the ESC 10 amperes normally for brushes motor is suggested for Lipo and NiMh battery. Can I use it with Pb battery? I suppose yes. Thanks and happy Xmas to you and your family. Ciao
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    64 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fulvio,
    One more topic ... or two?๐Ÿ˜‰
    1. Shaft and blade - I assume you are referring to the propeller.
    "The blade is assembled by thread?"
    If it is there should be a locknut screwed tight up to propeller hub.
    If there is no thread a short locking screw (grub screw) should be visible on the side of the propeller hub.
    If the propeller is fixed firmly to the shaft I would leave it alone and make any adjustments needed at the inboard (motor) end. Grease the shaft and the tube and insert the shaft with a thrust washer between the prop and the tube.
    Inboard adjust the motor mount and shaft coupling for as straight alignment as possible.
    I also fit a thrust washer and a collet (ring with locking screw) to the shaft just in front of the tube, and adjust it to give about 5/1000 (approx 0.125mm) movement of the shaft in the tube. The collet stops the shaft sliding out of the boat if the coupling becomes loose on the shaft.

2. Motor driven by the BEC.
    Sorry to disappoint you again Fulvio but that can't work.
    Firstly; the BEC is only designed to provide 1, 2, or 5Amps depending on the type.
    Second; there is no way to switch the BEC output to the motor. Unless you build an external relay or FET switch. Even if you did that you would have no control over from the TX. It would simply be On or OFF, with no speed control or reverse if it worked at all.
    Not sure what would happen (I'm not going to try it๐Ÿ˜‰), you may even destroy the ESC by connecting the BEC to the motor wiring๐Ÿ’ฅ

A better solution is to fit a Low Battery Alarm (a few Euros on Ebay/Amazon etc).
    They can be wired to set off an audible and/or visual alarm (e.g. siren or flashing lamp).
    This gives you a chance to bring the boat back before the motor stops.

Even better is an ESC that reduces power to the motor when the battery is low.
    You can then bring the boat slowly back before the ESC switches off completely.
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Buon Natale๐ŸŽ
    fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    63 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Doug thanks for your clarifications that as usual are exhaustive. One more topic. I have the motor Speed 280 with gear 2:1 already assembled but also the blade is already assembled on the main shaft. The blade is assembled by thread? the question is because i need to remove the blade and assembly the shaft inside the boat and i do not know how is the assembly system. Also one question more about the ESC. The ESC has the BEC and in this case as you know if the level of battery go down the ESC stop the motor, but in this case as i can back to me the boat if for example the motor by the BEC in the middle of the lake?. Thanks
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    74 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fulvio,
    Strictly speaking a brushed motor should not affect a quality 2.4GHz receiver, especially if it is mounted as far as possible away from the motor and motor supply wires.
    It has been reported that brushed motor interference may also affect some ESCs and even servos! Especially with 'cheapo' ESCs and Servos and if their signal wiring is run close to the 'dirty' motor wiring.

BUT! Some of us (especially submarine drivers) still use 40MHz sets which can be badly affected by brushed motor interference. Reason is that 2.4GHz is not effective underwater๐Ÿค”
    So as a precaution and courtesy to other users nearby suppression capacitors should be fitted.
    Click on the pic in the article to enlarge it and you can then read the values.
    They are 1 x 0.047ยตF and 2 x 0.1ยตF (microFarad).
    Principle is the 0.047 between the terminals collects the spark energy from the brushes (like spurts of water into a bucket) and the two 0.1 caps bleed the energy away to ground. Like two leaks in the bucket
    In this respect it helps if the motor case is connected to the negative side of the battery supply (ground) and even better if this negative ground is also connected to the propshaft tube which can contact the water.
    The capacitors should be of the flat ceramic type, NOT tantalum types as they are polarised (+/-) and will pop when you reverse the motor๐Ÿ’ฅโ˜น๏ธ

Most model shops sell suppression kits of the three capacitors.
    Krick here in Germany for example -

https://www.krickshop.de/Electronics-Motors/Engines-Electric-Motors/Electric-Mot
    fulmic
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Doug thanks but i need to understand one thing. Do I need to utilize the capacitors also if my radio is 2.4Mhz?
    Moreover from the attached document i can not read the value of the capacitor to be utilized. Can you tell me the capacitors specifications? in a old Speed 500 motor by graupner i utilized just one capacitor. I did not know is better to utilize 3. Thanks
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    78 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fulvio,
    It's not resistor that you need but a capacitor!
    In fact 3 capacitors๐Ÿ˜‰
    This 'How to' article on this site shows the values of the capacitors and how to wire them to the motor, keeping the leads as short as possible.
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž

wiki/38741
    Show 14 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy