This is another Mary Ann, I bought her off ebay after a good negotiation to lower the price. She was built as a decorative model quite attractive but again many problems. All the glueing was minimal and I just lifted off the cabin!
I stripped her completely and drilled into the deck to get an opening for the engine and RC. I grasped the side gallows to pull them off expecting brass they were delicate laser cut wood! So a recent model! I had a spare brass pair and that is what is on her now.
The prop and shaft are just a short push in dummy! So a new shaft hole was opened up, I did an initial fit of motor and prop and into the bath, luckily I did not walk away! I watched the water coming in. This took a while to sort out and I had to open up the forward bulkhead which was sealed in. I poured in varnish and swilled it around and then poured the residue out. After drying I found the main leak and as I was not going to re-do the planking and I remembered seeing a fishing boat drawn up on the beach and it had additional planks nailed on, I presume repair leaks. So I did the same.
She is a different colour as these fishing boats should be white hulled, this is because both of the Mary Anns work from a single 4 ch. Tx. (reference Admiralty Naval Intelligence November 1942)
This I have found may need a more alert brain than mine to do successfully! The right stick, no problem but the left (hand and) stick do not give the right rudder movements when coming towards me. My left hand needs re-educating.
I found the father and 2 sons crew lurking in my garage and after I got them new gear here they are.
No likes yet
This member will receive 1 point
for every like received