After a minor setback where I managed to break off the stem, threw a tantrum a 3 year old in a supermarket would applaud and say "now that's how it should be done", I went in the huff with my partly built boat.
I was still using my welding magnets to line everything up, and they were working pretty well albeit a little heavy for the task, when the doorbell rang, surprised I spun round with the boat in my hands-unfortunately due to the laws of physics the magnets wanted to stay where they were and snap the stem parted company with the rest of the craft, who was at the door - a salesman ... during a pandemic !!, as politely as I could muster I simply said "no thank you" and closed the door while he was in full flow. Several weeks later I finally got back to it, mixed up some epoxy and lined it up as best I could, I think it's straight and in line 😊, after pondering for so long it took all of 5-10 mins to fix, so I'll leave it overnight to allow the epoxy to fully cure and I'll see how we got on tomorrow.
Unfortunately I put my camera down in a safe place - away from the epoxy - and now I can't find it, should turn up soon and I'll post the photos then.
P.S. finally getting the vaccine tomorrow.
Take care all