Forward ladder is now in place! I also placed a Deckhand. Looking down the ladder! Special Note: When I was laying the deck. I laid it off center accidently!😡 So, the ladder is off center by about a 1/4"!😲 Lesson learned when laying the deck. Use slow curing glue. in case you have to move the deck around. and position it in place!
The Skylight windows are now painted and completed! Dumas should have done a better job. At designing the skylight on the Brooklyn! Dumas could have precut the windows. Which would have looked great! I would have cutout the Skylight windows. But was unable to! So, just painted the window frames!
Had to order a small bottle of Testers Thinner. See, I used spray cans to paint the superstructure of the Brooklyn! So there was some area's that need to be tidied up a bit! So my idea is to spray some of the leftover paint. Into a small cup and use one of my small brushes. To paint over some area's that have over spray! So, I need a way to clean my brush! Hence the Thinner...…….! Now, I can finish the build of the Brooklyn! Tommorrow, I plan on working on her running lights! For this I must give credit where it is do, Thanks to RNinMunich Doug, for you hard work and dedication, Thanks again Doug! I printed out the diograms you sent me. They are a lot of help!
Each bucket is now painted red. Along with their silver handles! I painted the tops of the buckets light tan. To simulate sand being in them! Best as I could, I couldn't get the handles. To look the way their suppose to look!
Three 27 foot RN whalers, I don't think so! You know what it took me. To work on those block and tackles! NO way, I'm glad I didn't glue my fingers to anything! During the build of the Brooklyn. I have glued my fingers quite a few times. Luckily not to the boat itself! Oh, Thanks I forgot about lashing down the lifeboat!😲 I can't wait for fall season! I love the winter month's......
I didn't want to have to reach into the boat. To turn on the running lights. So I put push button switches under the skylight! I figure one switch for port/starboard. And one for the forward main deck light and steaming ahead light!
It pays to be patient! I was putting off working on the Davit and Lifeboat! But, today I felt inspired. So was able to put together the block and tackle! Not sure, if I'm going to glue the lifeboat to the boat cradle! The sky light is removable. For access to the light switches!
Hi Doug, What a coincidence, you should mention pier 16! 30 some odd years. I worked on piers 15 and 16. In new York harbor. Now thoughs were the days! Oh, now there's the famous pier 17 built in the mid 80's!
The fire monitor is connected to a water pipe. But in this case it's a solid piece of aluminum tubing! Which I had to bend and shape accordingly. To the Pilot House and Captain's Cabin! After bending to shape. I then glued miniature washers. To simulate connection seams! And there we have it. Fire monitor and pipe painted the typical Red for Fire!
Hi Pete, Yes, We are all one big happy family!👍 And I'm always very happy to receive. My kits in the mail or ups or what ever. Aquacraft is a very good model company! I haven't collected a trawler yet. If you get one I look forward to your post! Regards, Ed
Look as if I'll be postponing Brooklyn's Maiden Voyage. Still have quite a bit of work to do on her! I'm also waiting for some .25 miniature rope to arrive in the mail! I have one last detail to add which is a steam whistle! But, have to wait on that for now! I think her Maiden Voyage, will be late sept early oct!😱😲
On starting the build of the Brooklyn. I had purchased 1 bottle of glue! 2oz It actually take about a bottle and a quarter. Give or take! See when I built the Jersey City. It only took one bottle to put her together! The Brooklyn is 3.5" longer than the Jersey City. Hence more glue needed!
Spotlight is now completed! I have to solder the port & Starboard Lights! Anyway that's a small project on it's own! Unlike Serenity the Brooklyn isn't going to have a working spotlight! It's not in the budget!😲