Been busy doing necessary chores. Also been replacing power distribution system for a HMAFV Halifax. Was running on a 12v gel cell, now converted to two 12v sticks of NiMh. I have removed a hunter systems distribution panel and replaced with an Action Electronics power distribution for two buhler motors via two Electronize ESCs. Also using BEC on system as well as power to the loud horn! As I am using two battery packs I have taken the precaution of installing a voltage protection unit to stop one battery charging/discharging into the other, again Action Electronics. Now all working just needs sea trial.
Now the electronize unit which started the debate. I decided to connect it up before removing the mossfet. Low and behold discovered that there's was a loose connection to a blade fuse unit. Removed and ran well on the bench. I still had a secondary fuse to the battery.
Got to the lake last Sunday. And while conducting a test before launch discovered that the relays worked but I only had full ahead or full astern available to me, with no neutral. Will replacing the mossfets cure this or is this a symptom of something else. In the meantime I have purchased a soldering pump and an Electronize esc in kit form as New from e bay.