📝 Back to the Fish Port surrounds.
As pointed out my original Fish Port surrounds were not quite right due to only being one piece instead of 4 so I decided to re-make these, anyway how hard could it be, shouldn’t take long.
Well it took a while, with a few disasters along the way needles to say it was a learning experience.
I thought it would be a good idea to glue the 4 parts together then drill the hole, using a simple jig on my drill press to help with consistency.
I found out this didn’t quite go as planned, and after 2 failed attempts I looked for another way.
In the end I altered the original idea by gluing the part using normal PVA to a sturdy piece of cardboard then drilling the hole, most of the time this worked.
I have also chemically treated the brass fish rings and lids using the JAX Flemish Grey Black, funny on my test piece the colour was quite different.
I have packed these parts away as I don’t need them for a while and I will decide if they need more attention before fitting.
Next up is to get back to working on the Bulwarks, although I will take a sideways step and work on making some solid carbide micro carving tools and a jig for producing custom moldings.
Thanks for having a look, more to come.
Again I welcome constructive comments.