Here is a Classe M, Marblehead, of the late 60's early 70's.
An early resin hull which had received quite a lot of modification. I think it was vane steering originally, then a very crude conversion to r/c, mainly by inserting a tupperware container, half set into the deck and then crudely glassed in. Cost more to collect than I paid for the boat, a trip from near Kidderminster to West London and back.
The hull leaked in several places, and, an attempt to seal it had been made using thickened varnish, strange idea, not by me, it didn't work. Stripped the varnish using cellulose thinner, acetone applied sparingly, when clear lightweight glass tissue was applied internally then a coat of slightly diluted resin. This was followed by a keel box, the original was by a long bolt through the hull. a new keel and lead weight made, new rudder fabricated, then the usual controls installed. A new front bumper was formed from silicone sealer. A new system of sail control also created.
Initial sailing trials carried out in 2019, not fully finished(Covid arrived)First impressions, sailed ok, hopefully as well as my other Classe 'M', a Cedar Clube, french design by a local competitor, Paul Lucas of Brest, now that is a performer. Hopefully listed later when i have found the photos of construction!
Apparently Bloodaxe is the name of the design, it's by a guy living somewhere around London, still alive and a club member somewhere, but no reply when I tried contacting the club.
More to follow eventually