• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Inga1v
    7 Posts ยท 4 Followers ยท 4 Photos ยท 33 Likes
    Began 8 months ago by
    Commander
    United Kingdom
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 8 months ago by
    Admiral
    United Kingdom
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    mturpin013
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    36 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Chris I hadn't really given it a thought, but I suppose for those following the Blogs it may be helpful if we both add something to the titles so followers can identify which blog is which.
    I can imagine followers might have thought that the blogs seemed to jump about a bit having viewed one then the other and loosing some continuity.
    I will ask Stephen if he can add our initials before The words Inga IV
    eg MT Inga IV and CG Inga IV if that's OK with you
    Login To
    Remove Ads

ChrisG
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    44 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Sorry Michael,
    I should have realised having been following your build blog with great interest. As your blog was the first posted and as I bow to your rank ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will take advice on how to rename mine. I think maybe our use of capital letters is the reason it has not been flagged up.

Perhaps someone in the know will advise me how to change blog title. Thanks ChrisG
    mturpin013
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    64 Views ยท 8 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I don't know whether your aware there are 2 blogs running about the Inga IV here's the link for mine

blogs/108353
    Rogal118
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi there Frankie thanks for that info. The photo of the plan is gold to me the info just on that small piece is brilliant and so helpful,
    I donโ€™t suppose you could take some more and pm me or are you nearby, I could take some myself, Iโ€™m in South Yorkshire, and can travel, anything as I am most grateful for any info.
    Thanks Roger.
    Roger
    roycv
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    62 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Rogal 118. As it happens I have the masts as per the kit by me this minute. The fore mast is 42 inches long and the aft one 31 inches long. I am happy to pass them on to you for the cost of postage.

Each mast has two sides with a routed slot to house the sail. So 4 pieces in all. They are nice straight grained and quite stiff wood not easily found these days.

The other option is to measure them and send the accurate dimensions to you.

I am quite happy to part with them as otherwise they will not be used. I bought a left overs Inga IV kit which had a new set of sails which I have fitted to my yacht.

The masts are oblong in section and would then need making into an oval/aerofoil cross section.

You are a good way away from me, I am in Watford Herts.

I do not know whether there might be a modellers relay possible? I remember doing this via seller and some friends from Bristol to here.

Let me know.
    Best regards
    Roy
    Frankiesays1953
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    66 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 5 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I have an as yet unmade Inga IV kit and it would appear that the mast is made of two strips glued together which creates a slot running down the back of the mast. It is not tapered as I can tell.
    Rogal118
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Inga1v
    67 Views ยท 14 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Good morning Roycv
    Having โ€œresurrectedโ€ four craft over the last few years. Aziz,Yorkshireman,Trent, Portgarth and scratch built, Cervia, Brave Borderer, Orca, and Rttl 2755, I have in dry dock a Tyne class, another Aziz and my latest acquisition an empty hull and decking of a Inga IV.
    As you can gather none of my fleet consist of anything remotely with sails so I thought it was time to โ€œ have a goโ€
    Now the boat is complete with a lovely planked deck and half main cabin, no rear cabin structure or rails, but I am confident they will be made shortly. Thinking ahead one thing is niggling me the masts, having never modelled them before I am hoping you can help. I do not have a working drawing, but would assume they are round/oval and tapered. How are these made?. If they are oval and tapered I am confident I can produce, I believe anything can be made with the correct tools and patience. I was a master pattern maker before retirement and have a well equipped workshop.
    I would be most grateful to yourself or anyone who can put me on the correct learning path to help finish this great looking yacht.
    I have searched the web etc. for photos and have quite a file now but it is the finer details I lack. Unfortunately we do not have any yachting members in or club as the pond is not big enough, but maybe I visit the another local club nearby and gain some first hand knowledge also.
    Roger

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy