• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    RTTL 2755 today at the pond
    17 Posts ยท 7 Followers ยท 10 Photos ยท 90 Likes
    Began 4 months ago by
    Commander
    United Kingdom
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 4 months ago by
    Rear Admiral
    Italy
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    AlessandroSPQR
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    ๐Ÿ“ RTTL 2755 today at the pond
    29 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    However, you have a lot of choice and excellent organization within a few kilometres. Very good for you.
    Login To
    Remove Ads

flaxbybuck
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    29 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 23 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Alessandro
    Larkfield Dam is the home of Rawdon Model Boat Club. I am not the best person to advise on this (not being a member of that club) but I understand the club owns the lake, and it has a fine clubhouse with wonderful facilities. It holds a couple of open days each year and I can personally recommend them. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    AlessandroSPQR
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    36 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Flaxbybuck, thanks for this information.

I saw the place on Google Maps (satellite view) it seems beautiful, ideal for nautical modeling.

If I were in Rogal I would come for a ride (but maybe, as you say, he already has).

Often before visiting lakes in Italy I first take a virtual tour using the internet.
    But I choose places that allow me to return home within the day, so I limit myself to central Italy for RC navigations.
    If there was such a convenient and comfortable place nearby to try out scale ships (Yeadon Tarn) I would go straight away.
    For the moment I prefer uncrowded places (even better if isolated).
    As I already said in another topic, in my city there are no exclusive lakes for nautical modeling (not even just on certain days).

I saw there's another lake nearby, it's called Larkfield Dam. Is it also usable for RC modeling?
    flaxbybuck
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    38 Views ยท 5 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 23 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Alessandro - One of the places Rogal may have tried is Yeadon Tarn which is close by Leeds Bradford airport. ( the tarn is actually a reservoir) The tarn is in a public park with a good footpath all the way around it, plus lots of seats, so gets busy with people walking their dogs and children, especially at weekends.
    The tarn is 450 x 220 metres. Our club, Leeds and Bradford Model Boat Club, has a small clubhouse with a quayside and jetty. Normally the water level is just 250mm below the quayside but this can vary up or down according to the weather. There is plenty of space for fast models but we have a 25mph speed limit.
    Radio controlled model boating is permitted by the club on Sundays and Wednesdays, but the public is free to sail their boats anytime they wish. Because of the proximity of the airport (only 200m away) any form of model flying is prohibited.
    You are very welcome to visit or join us on Sunday or Wednesday mornings Rogal. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    hermank
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
    48 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Rogal 118
    There is even a camping and mobilhome site next to the pond. you can stay in your caravan and conduct your boat.
    Rogal118
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    51 Views ยท 8 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Good evening fellow modellers.your interest and invitations are very humbling Hermank. Answering your specific question AlessandroSPQR there are other large lake/ ponds within 10 miles of me that are used by other model boat clubs, I have visited to view only and not taken my boats. The lakes are vast and seem to have quite large waves on compared to my small boats. I did feel a little intimidated with the vast expanse of water, and feared losing control and my boat sailing off into the โ€œsunsetโ€. These lakes are also public council run so are accessible to everyone and can only be used by modellers on designated days set by the specific clubs. I have thought of joining these clubs for the variety this would give, but I like the private informal atmosphere, secluded club house and unlimited access that my current club offers. Even though for my faster scale models it is not quite large enough. It was build originally for Tug towing and scale steering competition for which it is perfect. I do like to venture further afield and have visited other club ponds when on holiday with my wife and our touring caravan. I have always been made most welcome and have had some enjoyable summer days out, a recreation I intend to organise again this coming season.photo, all set for our coming holidays.
    Roger
    AlessandroSPQR
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    53 Views ยท 6 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hello Rogal, hello Hermank, greetings to all ship modelers.

Rogal you're lucky to get an invitation from Hermank, it's a really nice place. Hermank I repeat my compliments here too.
    Well done, you did a great job.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with your models, Rogal.
    If you want to change scale do it for a personal challenge but your RC models are fine.
    These speeches of yours have aroused curiosity in me, however.

I ask the question to Rogal and all the other users of the forum.
    Can't you take your scale ships to a real lake or pond?
    Is it prohibited in your states to use radio-controlled boats (even if only electric)?
    hermank
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
    58 Views ยท 6 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Rogal118
    And this is thรฉ New pond that we Will occupy. All thรฉ built was done by a few members( as usuel ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)
    Thรฉrรจse definetely no scalรจne problem what So ever. Invite is all yours. Hope to see an english lifeboatlover in the very very very beat future
    hermank
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
    61 Views ยท 6 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Rogal 118
    I READ YOUR REMARKS AND THERE' S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR SCALE. THE POND YOU ARE SAILING IS TO SMALL THAT 'S IT. IF YOU WANT TO SAIL ON A VERY NICE POND YOU ARE INVITED TO ANTWERP. I THINK WE ARE THE ONLY CLUB WITH 2 PONDS. DIFFERENCE MUST BE AND DEFINETLY WHEN YOU EXIST 119 YEARS. HEREBY SOME MOUTHWATERING PICTURES. THIS POND HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY BUILT FOR OUR CLUB; I WILL SENT YOU SOME PICTURES OF THE NEW POND AS THERE'S A BIG CHANCE WE HAVE TO LEAVE OUR POND ON THE LEFT BAN SIDE OF THE RIVER
    Rogal118
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    62 Views ยท 7 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thanks for your comments and interest guys, they are much appreciated. Iโ€™ve just realised I must be doing something wrong. One of my models, โ€œ I need a bigger boatโ€ and the other โ€œ I need a bigger pondโ€. Do you think I maybe working to the wrong scale???? Thankyou again, Roger.
    Roger
    Show 7 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy