• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    AliExpress
    28 Posts ยท 12 Followers ยท 9 Photos ยท 107 Likes
    Began 8 months ago by
    Rear Admiral
    United Kingdom
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 8 months ago by
    Lieutenant
    Canada
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RodC
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Canada
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    27 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    My Bristol Bay is in relatively pristine condition. The rigging is original, I have the masts and sales and the navigation lights all still work. The radio is in the 75 megahertz band so I am stuck with a long antenna on the TX. Overall that I have seen on Kijiji or eBay are locking the rigging but have the masts and no sales or they have neither. Please forgive my spelling, I am using voice to text conversion
    Login To
    Remove Ads

roycv
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    35 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 59 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Hi Rod C we as a club were given one about 6 months, a donation out of the blue! Who ever bought it had no idea what he had, as a lot of it was wrapped up like just taken out of the box and it had never been in the water.

But the rope had all perished so I replaced it all but setting up the RC defeated me! Fortunately we have some members used to screen Tx's from operating model aircraft and it was set up OK.

I found a member who wanted to look after her and he has it. I was intrigued by the name as my first thoughts were to Bristol in the UK, which is a port but not a Bay.
    Googled it and found it in Alaska!

Nicely made model much overpowered I thought but difficult to alter.
    regards
    Roy
    RodC
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Canada
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    35 Views ยท 6 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    The BRISTOL BAY is an excellent Aquacraft product, regrettably no longer in production but "everybody" seems to hav owned one.

Mine is over 10yr old, the motor current is quite high so i need to disassemble the drivetrain for cleaning & lube but the tight fit is a challenge for fat arthritic fingers & dim eyesight. ๐Ÿคž

She was a fantastic crowd-pleaser 8yr ago when last in Lake Simcoe at sunset, lighting all a-blaze.

Bristol Bay is on the south coast of Alaska. Her sails are not so much for motive power but to dampen side-to-side rocking in swells for the safety & comfort of her crew. ๐Ÿ‘
    Mike Stoney
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ Switzerland
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    40 Views ยท 4 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Heiii Jumpugly,
    For heaven's sake, you haven't offended me in any way. But some translator programmes sometimes don't convey what you want to say.
    I had the same thing with a Bristol Bay, your imagination is the best thing that can happen to you !!! Good tinkering!
    Michel C

PS: The available Bristol Bay is very simple. But mine was initially a "corpse" as we call it here. . My wife supplied her wishes and ideas. Cool, isn't it?
    if you don't ask, you won't get an answer!
    TerryH
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    35 Views ยท 5 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 5 months ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    I was a great believer in using home grown model shops until I retired then every penny counts. Nearly everything electrical you need for your model was or is made in China so Aliexpress became my preferred seller. I'm guilty your honour here's why...
    Quickrun from uk seller V alliexpress
    jumpugly
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    39 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 30 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Michel C, I will have no problem fitting out the Naxos with all the details I can pull together, as it is in my nature to do so. I love a challenge. And to be clear, I do like the kit quite a bit, it is a very sharp looking boat. If I have offended you about the pilot house building techniques, I offer my sincerest apologies. It certainly was not my intention. I for one, am a huge fan of the laser. It has saved the balsa airplane hobby. ๐Ÿ‘
    hermank
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช Belgium
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    43 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Michel C. Bonjour, good Morning
    I m still surprised that ร  Young men like you has already so much wisdom to Tell
    Regards
    Herman
    Mike Stoney
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ Switzerland
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    44 Views ยท 7 Likes
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hello jumpugly, hello everyone
    This looks like my parts from the laser cutter. just all quick products to assemble, because certain people today have no time for details and sometimes lack the imagination. . our modern age, we prefer to hang around on our cell phones instead of creating something ourselves.
    Remember: if someone tells you "it can't be done", remember that these are their limits, not yours!
    Crafting greetings Michel-C.

one more thing: don't forget to forward the Christmas wish list!!!
    if you don't ask, you won't get an answer!
    AlessandroSPQR
    Rear Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น Italy
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Roy, I saw the website.
    Beautiful!
    However in the U.K. you have a very long modeling tradition.
    jumpugly
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    ๐Ÿ“ AliExpress
    54 Views ยท 5 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 30 minutes ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I never ever, pass a hobby store. On the outskirts of Sacramento California is an absolute monstrous one called RC Country Hobbies, from servos to glue, kits and ARF, soup to nuts, they had everything. Wonderful place with a huge staff to cover all of it's 40K square feet. There was one in Miami Florida called Orange Blossom Hobbies that was huge as well, but to everyone's horror it closed down. When my local hobby store closed I moaned to the local newspapers. And when Westchester Hobbies went belly up the TV stations showed up to hear the owner's sad story. However, a good many shop owners have become mail-order experts. A friend who closed down his store-front ships about 40 boxes a day from his ebay store. The postman swings by at a set time everyday and loads them up. He still has his suppliers who ship the kits to him or he acts as the middleman. Bless him. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have also found that "plastic" is making a comeback in a big way over here; especially armor and larger scale planes. But, I am concerned about the r/c airplane kit business since ARF's & RTF's make up a biggest part of that sector. Boats (thank God) still have some solid manufacturers in the kit business. But, price is an issue.
    Show 18 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy