I hung an anchor on the cathead just to see how it looked there, and get some idea what it would require to get the thing lashed up as it is in the painting - which reminds me, I have to make a cat head for the cathead.
I tweaked the model for the oars and tried printing 45 all at once. I got what was either a Borg cube or some sort of electrical heat-sink thing. I've managed to dig out 27 or them with only 4 total losses so far, but I don't hold much hope for the rest.
I did up the bob-stays with the 3D printed bulls-eyes and temporarily lashed them up - I have to walk some line for the permanent lashings.
Years ago now, the bulwarks were covered with several layers of balsa sheet, rounded over and painted black to look a bit like tarpaulins over the hammocks until I could figure out how I was going to make exposed hammocks as appears in nearly all the paintings and photos of the ship. 3D printing settled that for me, but just printing them outright would use too much expensive resin, so I needed to make them hollow. 200 hammocks will be visible when it's all done, and I have just under half of them printed in groups of 9 hammocks. I primed them in gray, then painted a first coat of "canvas" which is my custom mix of flat white with about 1/8 of it flat tan.
I sawed of the wheel-stand, of the new 3D printed wheel and used the wood stand from the old 3D printed wheel, which means the wheel can properly spin now. So I'm going back to plan A and connecting the wheel to the rudder servo so it's move when the rudder does. The skylight and wheel also got painted, though the skylight bars need some touch-up (that flash really brings out every little flaw!)
I finally finished the 3D model of the gun rings for the pivot guns. I modeled in holes so I could pin them down as well as CA them to the deck. I mounted them to print all together at once, but left more space between things so as not to repeat the above oar-block problem-turns out I needed to leave more space still. The holes I modeled were too small and printed as dimples, so I wound up drilling them anyway. They got a base coat of black, but will get a "gunmetal" or "steel" paint job at some point.
Then, while printing 2 more hammock trays, I broke the printer, again. Last time the LCD screen went bad. This time the resin vat stuck to the LCD and tore off the ribbon cable when I was trying to remove the vat. Before this happened, I had ordered an upgrade screen kit that's supposed to speed up printing times by as much as 2x, but it hasn't arrived yet.
If any of you are trying this at home, put a sheet of film over the LDC so if the vat sticks, it pulls the film, and not the screen.