• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Help
    by DamonH ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Able Seaman)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    7 Posts 6 Replies 3 Photos 25 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ToraDog
    Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 22 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Damon,
    As Doug has said, if you reach out, someone will reach back. So... like Doug and others, I am a ways away . but more than willing to help where I can. The more information, and the more specific you can be, will make helping you that much more easier.
    In a related vein, depending upon which Lion you are building, there have been serveral beautiful builds done and posted on another British site. I am not sure if it is appropriate for me to link it here, so I'll wait to get clearance before I do so.
    Please don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Jonathan
    pressonreguardless
    Lieutenant Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Damon,
    This site is amazing. I refuse to use social media.
    This site and the individuals participating is such a positive experience I have become quite addicted๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Trev
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 8 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hallo Damon,
    A heart wrenching story. Very sorry to hear that you lost your good friend Bill as well.
    This situation reminds me very much of the Car SOS TV series where Tim and Fuzz, and their crew, help people who, through no fault of their own, are no longer able to fulfil their dream of restoring their classic cars. So consider us as 'Model Ship SOS' ๐Ÿ‘
    I'm sure that there are many members of this Forum who would be only too happy to help you. Especially fellow WW2 warship addicts like Scratchbuilder (Bill) and myself. If only we did not live so far from London. I am in Munich๐Ÿค”
    I hope that some of our members in and around London are able to respond.
    I agree with Rick; try to find a Model Boat Club near you whose members can stand by you 'on site' so to speak.

Even so; YOU ARE NOT ALONE, YOU ARE NOW OUR CREWMATE๐Ÿ˜€ WELCOME ABOARD๐Ÿ‘
    maybe some of us can still help remotely๐Ÿ˜‰ with advice, tips and tricks from our own experience and models?
    Some of us with drawing programs on our PCs may be able to help with scaling the plans for instance. So question 1:-
    Are the plans you have on paper or as computer files?
    If PC files Ron (in Canada) or myself may be able to help scaling the plans for you, if you can post them here as pdf or other image files.
    If only on paper (or even as files on a memory stick) your best bet is to take them to a Print Shop (must be several in London) and get them to scale and print them for you. Get 2 or 3 sets printed so that you always have one Master Plan for reference and one or two for use as templates and making notes on etc.
    Question 2:- Which HMS Lion are you building?
    Assuming the 'modern era' (20th century) is it the Lion Class Battlecruiser from 1910, see pics 1&2 from the right, or the post war modified Tiger class Light cruiser C34? Pic 3.
    Once we know that and the EXACT length of your hull we can work out the scale you need for your plans.๐Ÿ˜‰ Then we can get started๐Ÿ˜€
    Wishing you all the best and ๐Ÿคž for your project.
    Cheers, Doug ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    PS we would love to see some photos of the hull and any other parts of the ship already built.
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.๐Ÿ˜Š Cheers Doug
    DamonH
    Able Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 25 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Thank you so much for your encouragement, still today I am surprised at how selfish people can be when they're doing the usual day to day life so that you begin to feel so alone, but then once you entered a group of peeps with similar interests, but obviously vary varied skill levels... we may never have met one another but the support is so obvious it actually removes the fear and isolation of the so-called, 'normal' I hope that my
    Colin H
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Damon, it's good that you want to do this in his memory, and I'm sure that it will also help you.
    There are a few members on here from your area, and I'm sure you will get the help you need.
    Carry on shipmate, cheers Colin.
    Fair winds and calm waters, COLIN.
    Newby7
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Good for you to want to carry on with the build. Suggest you look if there is a model boat club near you. Contact them. Maybe if you can meet with them. Most builders would love to help or know someone who can help.
    Rick
    DamonH
    Able Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ Help
    Flag
    Online: 25 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    You may not see it you look at the picture of me with one of my kites, this is because I didn't want to show it, but I was in a road accident a long time ago, I stopped breathing 3 times and was in a coma for 2m, month... never mind that the boats which I have made I always had the support from a friend who built model planes, but he died last year leaving me with a 6 foot hill and motor parts to a ship an ancestor of his under my bed, this ship is HMS Lion, I've managed to find plans for the ships but they're actual plans of the ship and need scaling right back, but that because of my head injury I am unable to do... what I am desperately looking for is somebody willing to help me build the ship in memory of Bill, he was a great mate who's so anything for you, I realise that I am asking one hell of a lot but it's just sitting there under my bed and I can't remember what to do

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info