• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Questions on identifying the make of the engine, make of boiler and the make of the fuel tank. And w
    4 Posts ยท 2 Followers ยท 14 Photos ยท 3 Likes
    Began 2 months ago by
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    United States
    Latest Post 2 months ago by
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    United Kingdom
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nickthesteam
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Questions on identifying the make of the engine, make of boiler and the make of the fuel tank. And w
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    The red device in the gas line is an attenuator valve. When the boiler reaches a pre set pressure the attenuator turns the burner down to more or less a 'pilot' flame. As soon as a load is applied and the boiler pressure drops, it opens up again and the burner flame increases to maintain the pre set boiler pressure. I may have an instruction sheet somewhere. I would recommend a hydraulic test is carried out on the boiler before steaming, you can't be too careful. A local model boat club or model engineering society should have the required facilities for such a test...
    If it don't fit, use a hammer to make it fit....
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Nickthesteam
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    ๐Ÿ“ Questions on identifying the make of the engine, make of boiler and the make of the fuel tank. And w
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    The feed pump was an optional extra and the boiler was fired by a ceramic burner. Jeremy at Clevedon Steam will be able to supply parts and info...

http://clevedonsteam.co.uk/
    Nickthesteam
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Looks like a Cheddar Models Puffin plant. Clevedon Steam is run by an ex Cheddar engineer and carries plenty of spare parts.

RonH
    Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    73 Views ยท 3 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 5 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I picked up some steam items from a person who father passed several years ago and wanted to sell some of his hobby items. I purchased some and have some questions.
    Questions on identifying the make of the engine, make of boiler and the make of the fuel tank. And where to get parts.
    The boat is a lady Jane Maxwell Hemmings kit fiberglass hull(I believe in the early 90โ€™s).
    Looks like butane fired with a pressure regulator to control the flame once reaching the operating pressure.
    The butane tank is missing the filler plug. Just need the manufacture of the tank or where I can get a replacement.
    The engine is a two-cylinder oscillator with a fed pump running of the side. The feed pump is not connected. I would like to know the manufacture of the engine and if the feed pump was a option for this engine.
    The boiler may have a ceramic burner as I did not take it parts yet.
    Would like to know the manufacture of the boiler.
    Looks like the fuel tank, boiler and engine all use the same type of valve handles which may lead to the same manufacture for all.
    I did find an adapter as it looks like something to fill the fuel tank. Also found something that looks like a funnel that was under the steering wheel.
    Everything looks in good condition as it has some dust from being on a shelf. The radio is a old Nautical Commander and will be replaced.
    So, if someone could help with my questions above that would be great.
    RonH

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info