For a multitude of reasons 'Puffer MkII' is in my thought process

Started by ColRay
6 replies 13 likes 0 followers Last activity: 14 days ago
#7 6
@ColRay
You certainly shouldn't get discouraged, Col.
You’re experimenting with new things—that in itself is a success and a source of satisfaction.
I enjoy watching ship models being built—even those made from kits that have been assembled thousands of times, since everyone adds their own personal touch—but I get truly excited and passionate when I see projects built from scratch, or ones that are completely new and experimental.
Keep it up, and don't give up.
Liked by GaryLC
#6 8
Alessandr "Why Col? What do you mean?" Normally with my old style model making the concept I have thought up, most of the time turns out just fine. With my new 3D printing venture it's whole new learning experience, looking at my concept and the results that the CAD program giving just aren't what I want , frankly I'm getting frustrated, but it wont get the better of me ,as the old saying goes ' more than one way to skin a rat' so stay tuned while I try and make a little progress Col
Liked by GaryLC and AlessandroSPQR
#2 14
@ColRay
Very stimulating ideas and plans, Col.
Adding 3D printing skills gives an extra edge to someone like you who already knows how to build things from scratch.
Reinventing oneself and exploring new paths is always a stimulating and positive exercise.
I am curious to see your work. I view even unsuccessful attempts and experiments in a positive light.
Liked by GaryLC and ColRay
#1 38

For a multitude of reasons 'Puffer MkII' is in my thought process

After a short hiatus with my model boat making activities, Okay nearly 40 years I have started again with a couple of 3D printed projects .
The first a display model of the 'Bluebird of Chelsea' and the other a Clyde Puffer.
I'm really hooked on the Puffer this little ship for a rusty model maker has so much potential.
So why a "Puffer Mk II " ?
A few reasons"
The size of the model, great for a 3d Project, my gut feeling make it larger.
Three D printing has given me inspiration for new project , and as for 3D printing as a process Great! for a once scratch built model maker , I feel it like cheating.
Conclusion why not make another Puffer in a size that is best suited for scratch building, work on the MkI as my maquette. also the printer could be used for creating templates.
Early days so stay tuned Col
Liked by GaryLC and AlessandroSPQR and

Sign in to add to this thread.

Delete this post?

It will be removed from the site.

Discard this draft?

Your draft will be deleted and cannot be recovered.

You have an unfinished draft

What would you like to do with it?