SAIL CONTROL AND ADJUSTMENT SYSTEMS FOR SCALE MODELS

Started by AlessandroSPQR
0 replies 0 likes 0 followers Last activity: 3 hours ago
#1 16

SAIL CONTROL AND ADJUSTMENT SYSTEMS FOR SCALE MODELS

This topic has been covered frequently, but often in a sporadic or piecemeal fashion.

We recently discussed it in a thread—titled "Sailing ship 'full-rigged ship', 'Af Chapman', now 'Dunboyne'"—that was actually unrelated to this specific subject (I’ll include a link at the end of this post).
While talking about the Af Chapman, we went off-topic and began discussing sail control systems for RC sailing models.
Ross contributed some very interesting ideas.
I’d hate to lose that information; in fact, I’d like to be able to find it easily when I need it. Buried in that other thread—along with other bits scattered here and there—it would be hard to track down.

That is why I want to use this thread to discuss "systems that regulate and control the sails of RC sailing models, ranging from simple sloops and ketches to schooners and full-rigged ships."

Contributions from anyone who has built—or is currently building—an RC sailing model would be greatly appreciated.

Since the subject isn't exactly simple, I encourage you to include sketches, photos, and videos alongside your written descriptions whenever possible.
Personal experiences are incredibly useful, but so are ideas that haven't yet been put into practice.

I’ll pick up the conversation where I left off in the aforementioned thread.
I had prepared some diagrams and was about to post them there, but I’d prefer to put them in a dedicated thread; it seems more logical and useful.

Ross, if you’re willing, could I ask you to repost the photos you shared there, along with a brief description?


https://model-boats.com/forum/169185

Sign in to add to this thread.

Delete this post?

It will be removed from the site.

Discard this draft?

Your draft will be deleted and cannot be recovered.

You have an unfinished draft

What would you like to do with it?