• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    electrics
    by Jerry849 πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Able Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    13 Posts 12 Replies 2 Photos 15 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Jerry, would like to hear of your progress,
    Just checked the Turningy /HK ESC programming chart and see the default settings are: 1 - 2, 2 - 2, 3 -5, 4 - 6, 5 - 1, 6 - 5. These are quite usable with your boat.
    Have changed them slightly as am using different motors, but they should work to get you going without a programming card.
    Good Luck Rowen
    Jerry849
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    Online: 23 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    many thanks you have been a great help so far will keep you informed ,JerryπŸ‘
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That should be quite a performer once completed.
    Stick with it and you will find the frustrations slowly disappear.
    Between this site, Model Boats Mayhem and RCGroups you will find a wealth of information and resources.
    The Precedent Huntsman is a popular build and there is much information around on it.
    Good luck, never hesitate to ask advice if needed. I have been given vast amounts of it from many sources, all welcome.
    Jerry849
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    its a project started many years ago but due to circumstances had to put it on hold just thought its time to fetch it back to life its the Precedentmodel of the huntsman 46 inch ply not fibreglass and i am making it twin screw instead off the kits one screw so wether it works or not we shall see but things not going to good at moment i could always sink it πŸ™„
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That is encouraging!
    From my experience of brushless they operate much more erratically than brushed at low rpm and start-up.
    Not surprised one starts before the other. That is one of the reasons prefer to have each system on individual controls so can compensate. Guess that is personal preference!
    The program card might be defunct, but would suggest follow the instructions in the article sent before condemning it. If you are in a local club perhaps borrow one?
    Curious about your model, should be able to propel the QE2 with those motors - what are you building?
    Jerry849
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Have twin lever DX6I ,connected up to tx on y lead one motor kicks in then add a bit more throttle and second motor kicks in tried plugging e s c to program card ,nothing so obviously got a bad one will have to try source new one but all seem to be out of stock, so things look to be on hold now πŸ˜‚
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Guess should have asked, do you have a double control lever Tx or a pistol grip style? I have only ever used the two lever style so can usually find a spare channel.
    Not sure about the pistol style - perhaps somebody else has an idea. Might need the Y connector after all.
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Suggest, lets get one ESC/motor going first and then move to the second. Put the Y lead to one side right now.
    You need to put the 3 wire connector from the ESC into your receiver (correct way around), connect up the battery to the motor and see what happens when you operate the Transmitter - I assume the Tx and Rx are correctly bound?
    The ESC default settings from Turnigy should get things working.
    Once you have one working, move to the second. Put the red wire back into the second ESC, remove the first system and try the second.
    If they both work separately - progress!
    Would now reprogram both ESCs to the settings you think might suite your application best. They are in that article.
    Once all works separately, remove one ESC red wire and tie back. You can then put both ESC connectors into the Y lead and fit to Rx. One control should operate both ESC/motors.
    However, from my experience, if you have several Tx/Rx channels better to put each motor system on its own separate channel and do not use a Y lead. This allows individual motor control, which makes the boat easier to handle.
    Might be better to now put these questions on the full site now so others can contribute, I have been known to make mistakes - which is why I ALWAYS fit fuses! I wanted the PM to send those instructions as am not sure how widely available they are.
    Brushless are a challenge, but they do work well. a
    Jerry849
    Able Seaman
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi just reading your messages again i have e s c ,s on a y lead but you say control on separate channels so one in throttle on receiver so which channel for other lead, or is this a stupid question πŸ™„ i have disconnected red wire from one e s c so obviously will re connect this, have not read manual yet πŸ‘
    RHBaker
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ electrics
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I did something similar using the β€œElvon” function on my Tx. Does work well as the rudders have limited effect at slow speed
    Show 3 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info