• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Fly Sky- small 6ch RXs
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Rear Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    12 Posts 11 Replies 8 Photos 15 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Ianh
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Fly Sky- small 6ch RXs
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I found it in Dad's workshop when he died. I remember it as a child. Dad moved on to the new transistor and built himself a reed set, also a single channel Macgregor by the time he finished it. Proportional Radio was on the scene. I still have a 4 channel Skyleader and an RCS unit that were on 27mHz.Also a Rolls Royce Kraft Unit.
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "I had a valve one until they broke into my workshop. You should have seen the battery! "
    Or batteries Ian?
    Low voltage for the heater, 90V for the Hi tension?⚑
    😎
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    Ianh
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I had a valve one until they broke into my workshop. You should have seen the battery!
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I've got one 'stuck on the wall' in my Sea Scout Ian.
    No problem right across the lake here in Munich.
    The really titchy RXs are destined for my mini Plastic Magic ships/boats.
    😎
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    Ianh
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Have used a Flyski in my Glider with an FS iA6 up to to 800-900 metres away no problem. The FS iA6 isn't large or heavy no problem to put it in a boat.😊😊 I had to look for it in my Sea CommanderπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    BTW 2 ref Micron RX below:
    "The RX2A does not support separate PWM outputs (not enough room on the circuit board for the connectors!)"
    The Micron RX does support normal servos cos you only take the signal wire off the board, soldered in. Supply can be done externally. No on-board connectors neededπŸ˜‰
    The nice guy at Micron actually called me and asked which port I wanted the nano servos I'd ordered connected to (I bought two sets for my Plastic Magic projects) and kindly soldered them in for me😊 He also put the motor and supply wires on for me and fitted teensy weensy plug/sockets for the servo and a JST connector for the battery.
    Can't say fairer 'n 'at canya!
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    BTW 3! For those that didn't recognise it immediately, the RX at top left of the pic is the 35Meg Sanwa to go with my Sanwa Conquest FM6 TX. Got another kickin' abaht somewhere.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Little receivers have smaller receivers upon their backs to bite 'em,
    And littler receivers have littler receivers,
    And so on ad infinitum! 😁

Attached a pic selection from early 80s to present day.
    The little Micron job is a tad bigger than the RX2A and has 6 channels (up to 8 or 10 functions!) and includes a brushed motor 1.3A ESC! And drives 'normal' but teeny weeny servos😊
    PS Just checked the 'destructions'; RX can also drive normal size servos - using an external supply, UBEC etc. It's compatible with my Spektrum DX6 TX.
    Whole shebang, including all wiring and nano servo shown, weighs just 6g and can run off one LiPo cell or 3 AAA NiMh cellsπŸ˜‰ There's even a programmable Cut Off function for the LiPo!
    What next I wonder!?
    BTW: the REELY RX is the FlySky/Turnigy iA6 rebranded by Conrad here in Germany, at nearly twice the price😠
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    Graham93
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    There are even smaller receivers. The photo shows the FlySky FS - RX2A receiver alongside a regular FS-iA6. Both are 6 channel AFHDS 2A compatible receivers. The RX2A weighs 1 gram.

There are a couple of downsides. The RX2A does not support separate PWM outputs (not enough room on the circuit board for the connectors!). Its output is either iBus or PPM so needs some decoding to be able to use it with regular servos. It's range is quoted as 400m, but I don't think that will be a problem for most boats.

Cost around Β£8 from China, or Β£10 locally in the UK.

Graham93
    Ianh
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi I use a Flyski FS-i6x Good Radio for it is FULLY Programable and you set switches and channels on itπŸ‘πŸ‘
    I have had no problems with Multi Models I have added a Transmitter receiver cross-reference. For help watch, Bob Jacobsen from Hobbyconcepts set one up on a Tamiya Truck.
    Turnigy and Flyski are the same company
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhFPo72tvkAO8nQLxIe0xA/videos
    πŸ”—
    jbkiwi
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Martin, thought if anyone had these they might be good for tiny boats,-very small for a 6ch. Were very cheap on Ali Express or Banggood but the price has doubled lately, don't know what's going on - Chinese govt owns Ali Express now,- Jack Ma has 'Retired.' Still cheaper than
    HK rip off freight -( 9ch is $16 nz plus freight which is probably 5 or $6 ).Ali Express is $18 with free shipping. Our scummy govt is now sucking 15% gst off us for on line purchases, which can make a big difference depending on what you are buying. They will be charging us for breathing soon!😐😠 No worries, the country will probably be broke after the virus anyhow!☹️☹️☹️😭
    JB
    Show 2 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info