• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Reminder for Local Clubs
    by philcaretaker πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Sub-Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    17 Posts 16 Replies 1 Photo 40 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    πŸ“ Reminder for Local Clubs
    Flag
    Online: 27 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Rick, Just realised, you bought a TID tug recently which I commented on. I thin that was a very good choice for a boat to restore. Will look forward to seeing her on the lake when you have her going. What is this second one you are acquiring?
    Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Onemancave1
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Flag
    Online: 29 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys I have acquired two boats that needed some TLC ... one has passed bath trials after initially having a leak or 3 ! and another I am picking up this week which need some refurbishment and building my first in the background ... look forward to meeting everyone and gaining some knowledge !
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Re- the Welsh News. They are shortly allowing Holiday Parks etc to reopen but still haven't mentioned parks like the Knap and other outdoor spaces whilst allowing non contact sports. most of which would be played in parks. Relaxing the travel restrictions will help me as far as travelling to Barry is concerned and I suppose a lot of our members who live in and around the Vale, such as Llantwit Major.
    Still a bit of confusion as far as I can see, but no doubt you, Ken, will acquire confirmation in due course.

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Rick,
    Welcome to the club, I'm Nerys who Ken mentioned to you, I build the models, but Alice does the electrical bits for me. What sort of boats do you build, I prefer sail to power, with a particular penchant for Thames Barges. Looking forward to meeting you when we are allowed to resume sailing. Hopefully, not too long.

All the best, Nerys
    KenThompson
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Rick, yep , thats, me, Nerys and Alice, are in our club, you will see Nerys on here a lot, Her partner Alice is the quiet one? .
    Just heard, the welsh news, looks like we, as a club should be able get down the Knap soon, as they are on about lifting the 5mile limit.
    Looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the members soon.
    Cheers for now
    Ken
    May the wind always be always where you want it .
    Onemancave1
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    Flag
    Online: 29 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Ken i am Rick I joined your club recently in Barry to sail on the lake ... I have just realized you are the same Ken who emailed me a welcome Thanks .... who else is on here that i will get to meet
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    That's perfectly true Ken, Cold Knap Lake was built for the people of Barry during the depression of the 1920's in order to provide employment.
    I certainly didn't need insurance or risk assessments when I was sailing my pond yacht on there in the 1930's.

Cheers, Nerys
    KenThompson
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    As far as I know, the Knap lake belongs to the people of Barry, not the council, although they look after it?
    Any one can take a model boat and sail it on the lake, at any time, they don’t need insurance or a risk assessment for that, to park on the hard standing they need insurance, against public liability.
    Cheers
    Ken
    KenThompson
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Nerys, not just now , their interest of health and safety.
    We had to provide a policy to be able to get permission to sail as a club, and use the car park hard standing, and we had to show we have insurance.
    Cheers
    Ken.
    Nerys
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Ken, I wonder why the council should suddenly worry about our Health and Safety, risk assessment etc. Hopefully they haven't just realised we are there and want to make moves towards greater regulation. It's all very frustrating, not being able to sail, particularly when you see the pictures on the AMBO page of barges sailing on the IOW last weekend.

Cheers, Nerys
    Show 7 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info