• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    GoBilda 300 degree rotation servos
    by ToraDog πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ( Petty Officer 1st Class)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    5 Posts 4 Replies 2 Photos 9 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ToraDog
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ GoBilda 300 degree rotation servos
    Flag
    Online: 17 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Joe,
    Thanks for the comparison. It is always exciting to find new products that fit into our side of the hobby.
    Jonathan
    Joe727
    Commander
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I am using the hi torque version. See photos for size comparison to some of my other sail servos, much smaller but heavy.

At 6 volts here's how they compare torque wise:
    Gobuilda - 21.6 kg/cm
    Hitec 755 - 13.8 kg/cm
    Hitec 815 - 24.7 kg/cm
    Futaba 3802 - 14 kg/cm

The Futaba at 14kg has always been enough for my 1 Meter boats, so the gobuilda should be more than adequate .
    ToraDog
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Please let us know how there work for you. I have been using the Speed version because my loads are so small, but I would use the Torque version in the future for slower speeds. Are you using the Speed version or the Torque version? I would expect the latter to be a better choice for your application.
    Joe727
    Commander
    Flag
    Online: 2 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Toradog,
    Good post, I also have recently discovered these "gobuilda" servos. I was looking for a sail servo for my US1Meter boat and saw these. They have very high torque and are much smaller than my typical Futaba or Hitec sail servos. I can adjust to the 300 degrees with my DX6, no problem.

Have not sailed with yet so time will tell if they last under load.

Joe 😎
    ToraDog
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    For many years I have been attempting to add some action to my models by animating turrets, catapults, radars, ect. The issue that I always ran into was how to achieve 180 + greater degrees of rotation when I needed it. Radars were no issue, but turrets and the like were. I am no electronics wizard and my computer skills run to opening my browser successfully. I have used gear drive and servo in the past, but they were a pain to rig.
    Recently I found GoBilda servos. Available in standard or high torque versions, these units can be ordered in two different configurations, 1) as a 300 degree rotation proportional servo, and 2) as a 360 degree rotation servo with proportional speed and directional control. Here in the States they run around $28 US. I found that they can be ordered from third parties or direct from the manufacturer. I have used 8 on my current build and am really happy with how they worked. The shop I ordered them from had hardware that allowed easy direct connection between the unit and the servo. NO gears, ect. Here is a link to the manufacturer's page: https://www.gobilda.com/servos/
    No, I do not own stock in the company, sell the servos, or otherwise, I just like that they are available.
    One caveat: most radios will require the use of a servo stretcher in order to get the full 300 degree rotation, so that cost should be figured in to the servo cost as well.⚑
    https://www.gobilda.com/servos/
    πŸ”—

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info