• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Models for sale NZ
    by jbkiwi ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ( Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    5 Posts 4 Replies 9 Photos 9 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Models for sale NZ
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Just overly optimistic in todays financial climate I think Doug๐Ÿ˜. Recently sold one of my planes, (a 56"electric -(converted .46 glow) with an 1100w motor, + 100A ESC,MG servos etc- 100mph capable) for $150 wanted only $200 but had no takers, but was offered the 150 and took it just to reduce my collection. It was supported with a YT vid showing how it flew, but the guy emailed me saying it didn't balance correctly. I just told him to look at the vid, use the battery I had told him to, (I'd explained everything to him when he picked it up) and it would fly fine. Never heard from him again. I gave him a bargain and he still complained!

Same selling cars or whatever, people come round and start telling you all the things that are wrong with it and how much it will cost them to fix. Had a guy and his son come round to look at my Triumph GT6, (I had recently totally refurbished and re-painted,- drove perfectly) and he stood there in front of some other people who turned up and started rubbishing it, "pity about the paint job, shame about this" etc. After about 10 mins of time wasting and a stupid offer, I said to him "if you don't want it and it's so bad, then you might as well p---off then"๐Ÿ˜ , so he packed a sad and went.

I just don't bother with those people any more- (used to try)- but now I just say "take a hike" if they start that garbage, much better for your blood pressure๐Ÿ˜

JB
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Models for sale NZ
    Flag
    Online: 16 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Sheesh! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    NZ$ 2210 is today about 1.150,00 GPB or โ‚ฌ1.330,00! Are they insane?
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Models for sale NZ
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Ian, I still have a scratch built model I built a year ago, which still hasn't had a test flight yet (just a high speed taxi test). Waiting for just the right day as it took a while to build from a few photos. It was a 1 off prototype by a guy who had worked for Curtis aircraft in the 40s. Model's an Aeroflight 'Streak' tandem 2 seater from 1939. Problem is to find someone who wants your models, (most people want them for nothing) but I'd rather strip them and bin them than give them away, and use the motors etc for other projects. When you consider the cost of motors, servos, ESCs etc, and the time it takes to procure them these days, it's probably the best option. You can probably sell the bits for more than the complete plane.๐Ÿ˜

JB
    Ianh
    Commander
    ๐Ÿ“ Models for sale NZ
    Flag
    Online: 6 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi JB
    Sounds a bit like me, although I parted with a large amount of Scale R/C model aircraft I kept my 16' Lancaster an it is in a storage locker as I won't fly it due to the model taking 7 tears to build and has all the rivets( Over 1000) in it. Dress making Pins although I flew it once but the jet boys didn't like me flying it as it takes time to take off and land.
    Only old in years not mind or soul.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Models for sale NZ
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    A few models for sale at the moment, (check out the cat,- 0nly 400mm long $$ are they serious???). Fairmile kit with lots of bits (Kingston mouldings hull) $800, - 38" seaplane tender (ex kit?) $1000, - 800mm trawler (scratch built scale on real boat I think, fantastic model detail) $500, and a very nice scale (SY Medea) $2600.

Unless someone is very keen, I'm sure all of the various owners next of kin will be appreciating them at those prices.๐Ÿ˜. That's the problem with scale models, very few people would buy them at the prices asked. My boss at Toyota (owner of the dealership) bought a lovely big scale twin engine Pucara,- (Argentina built military plane) about the size in this vid but a lot better scale features, (had everything, - probably cost $3000 to build) for around $1200, just to hang in his roof to display. He'll never fly it as he doesn't know how, and it just ended up in a dark back room in one of the workshops, probably still there, - bit of a shame โ˜น๏ธ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6j-iqvI9A

Update. --Might have helped to include the photos, (senility setting in lol)

JB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6j-iqvI9A
    ๐Ÿ”—
    โ–ถ๏ธ

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info