• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Find it
    by Nerys ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Fleet Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    8 Posts 7 Replies 0 Photos 24 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    Online: 14 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    You're right Will, it's not often one sees a model boat on TV. I remember, a while back, in 'Shed and Buried', a sort of predecessor to 'Find it, Fix it, Flog it', again with Henry Cole but accompanied by Sam Lovegrove, they searched peoples sheds, purchased a couple of items, then sold them, sometimes profitably. On one occasion they bought a rather nice, quite large pond yacht, sanded her down, revarnished and had help to rerig, then when ready, launched her on the local duck pond, only to find it was too shallow. I always study the shops for signs of models in the antique programmes and sometimes get a fleeting glance. Always remember, I think it must have been in 'Bargain Hunt', them coming across a superb large model, looked museum quality, of the four masted barque 'Archibald Russell', who built in 1905 must have been one of the last cargo carrying sailing ships built in the UK. The expert looked at the model, somewhat disparagingly, and said, ' that's some sort of schooner and probably worth about ยฃ50., not worth considering'.
    Someone told me that we were a seafaring nation!!

Cheers, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Madwelshman
    Warrant Officer
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    Online: 35 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    It never fails to amaze me, some of the stuff that people class as junk and would happily throw away.

I must admit, I do like the program, even if Henry Cole is like an embarrassing Uncle sometimes ๐Ÿ˜€

It's not very often that they show model boats being found, unfortunately.

Will
    Precedent Perkasa MTB 49 1/2" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 46" Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 42" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 36" Aerokits Sea Commander 34" Aerokits Sea Rover 29 1/2" SLEC Fairey Huntress 23"
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Yes Ron, a British TV programme. Roughly, two men visit someone's shed and take away two items each which they then recycle (I use the word loosely) They are then valued and hopefully sold for the benefit of the shed owner.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Ron
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Must be a British TV program?
    dave976
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    Online: 11 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    How sad Nerys.
    Then again I suppose it was saved from being dumped.
    At one time we used to have local parks with lakes where pond yachts were sailed and welcome. Regrettably these are fast disappearing as Councils cut back on any expenditure they can.
    Perhaps this lack of amenity to sail was in the thinking of producing a saleable item?
    Dave
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    No Ron, I was just commenting on the fact that a model yacht appeared on a programme which is devoted to upcycling all sorts of junk from kitchen cabinets to motor bikes and they actually made it sail. The last time I saw a model boat on there, having a solid hull, they cut it in half and made a pair of bookends out of it.

cheers,
    Nerys
    Ron
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Neyrs, are you responding to another posting?
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Find it
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Sort of watching 'Find it, Fix it, Flog it' on TV just now, I woke up when they unearthed a pond yacht which they decided to restore. The restoration was minimal, they struggled with the rigging, but when it was all ready for trials, it turned out to be quite a nice model of a free sailing 'Dragon'. Of course for effect they had to let it sail into some trees and need rescuing, but from what I saw, it sailed very well. It was valued at ยฃ70 in the end.

Nerys

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info