• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login to Remove Ads
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Life on board.
    by Nerys ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Fleet Admiral)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    9 Posts 8 Replies 0 Photos 8 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ChrisG
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    Online: 14 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Another one to watch and repeated tonight on BBC2, Ships that Crash and this is about the container ship blocking the Suez canal for days and the financial and trading impact on large chunks of the world.
    The investigation into causes of the accident I found fascinating.
    I hope this is one of a series of similar programs.
    Regards ChrisG
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    Online: 30 seconds ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Different programme. Telling the last hours of the Bismark tonight. Sure we've seen similar versions before, umpteen times. My question is - how did a few tankers and other cargo ships appear in amongst the combatants? Were we expected to think they were the Home Fleet?

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    ChrisG
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I apologise my earlier post described solar gizmos, it should have read sonar gizmos. We should really consider that it is television and as such tongue in cheek. God help us if we crewed our battle fleet with technicians that pull a switch and cut out comms to the bridge instead of stopping a sonar problem.
    Looking forward to the next episode,
    Regards ChrisG
    Curmudgeon
    Recruit
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    Online: 23 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    They were franticly tracking this Russky sub that was getting too near the submarine cables on the sea bed, what were they going to do ? depth charge it ?
    And when they moved on what was to stop Ivan underwater just coming back ?
    ChrisG
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I thought it a disaster that the helicopter search ran out of solar gizmos available to drop. Naval cutbacks?
    As I mentioned last week I really do wonder how much of these dramas are invented by the TV company to make a boring tour of duty look exciting. Their Lordships at the admiralty must be cringing.
    Regards ChrisG
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Was that another Navy boo boo tonight (17th) when smoke appeared coming from the main mast and they cut off all navigation information to the bridge?

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    ChrisG
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Like you I enjoyed the programme but wondered how much the tv people had dramatised the situation or is our navy really this shambolic. The previous week had me wondering when the crew were instructed not to use their phones as they were tracking said Russians and after 4 days of not talking to friends and family they were in a real pickle. Not much like John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Jack Hawkins etc.
    Regards ChrisG
    DPTrainer
    Able Seaman
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    We watched this interesting programme as well. Well worth a watch on catch-up on CH5. Looking forward to seeing next weeks episode. You don't realise these things are going on until you see real life programmes on TV. Cheers Duncan
    Nerys
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ“ Life on board.
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hardly modelmaking, but I'm interested in real ships as well. I was watching a TV programme in the early hours of this morning about life on board a warship, the Type 23 Frigate HMS Northumberland. She was shadowing a Russian submarine up above the Arctic Circle when she ran into heavy weather. She had to halve speed to 6 knots, was taking on prodigious amounts of water into some of the cabins, which was being bailed out with buckets. When the weather eased they inspected the one and only gun. The weather had damaged the rubber sleeve around the barrel and the gun was rendered unusable. Glad she didn't have to go into action. Is this what today's navy is really like? However, evidently, in the next programme, her trailed sonar equipment is hit by said Russian.

Nerys

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info