• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Download The App!

Login To
    Remove Ads
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links
    Calls for Expression of Interest
    5 Posts ยท 3 Followers ยท 0 Photos ยท 10 Likes
    Began 4 months ago by
    Midshipman
    South Africa
    Follow This Thread
    Not currently following
    > Click to follow
    Latest Post 4 months ago by
    Captain
    United States
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ToraDog
    Captain
    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ United States
    ๐Ÿ“ Calls for Expression of Interest
    31 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 14 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I would love to go. I have never been to that continent! However, my smallest model is 4 ft and getting it there would cost more than my airfare and it probably would not survive.
    SO, I'll be there in spirit and assign Doug as the the official photo representative. Take lots of film Doug๐Ÿคฃ
    Login To
    Remove Ads

Rudy-M
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ South Africa
    32 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    @Doug
    ๐Ÿ˜ Your assumption is spot on. The venue is in Stellenbosch. The town and neighbouring Somerset West is almost one long residential strip now. Lot of development happened in 35 years but the old oak trees and the centre of Stellenbosch is mostly unchanged.
    As for Joburg, I try to avoid the CBD at all cost after sunset. Crime has become a major challenge. Fortunately the Western Cape Province is still well managed and safe. Its still okay to walk to the local cafe at 3am at night.
    I will post an update in a few weeks once we had a chance to get the basic information ready.
    Rudy
    Doogle
    Commodore
    ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง United Kingdom
    39 Views ยท 2 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Would love to, the idea sounds great. Downside is I wouldn't be able to but I hope that this idea takes root and flourishes. ๐Ÿ‘
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช Germany
    42 Views ยท 1 Like
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    I'm interested Rudy.
    I have been to Cape Town, back in Nov/Dec 1987. Tempus fugit.๐Ÿค”
    (But Gisela hasn't and she's often mentioned SA as a country she'd like to visit.)
    Stayed there while doing some work on HF radio systems with the Navy in Simon's Town.
    Great people, superb scenery and great food๐Ÿ˜‹ Steaks to challenge Texas and delicious ostrich steaks ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    Also spent some time in Jo'berg/Pretoria where my agent there tracked down a Great Aunt of mine I hadn't seen in 30 years. Don't know who was more surprised when we met.
    My most vivid memory is of sitting in the shade enjoying a cool beer, after spending the afternoon strolling round the zoo in the broiling sunโ˜€๏ธ, when a guy appeared in full Father Christmas costume followed by a gaggle of young school kids.
    I started to melt just looking at him๐Ÿค•

Am I correct in assuming that the Show will be held in the Stellenbosch area?
    I also visited Stellenbosch during my stay. Was delightful back then. Delicious wines๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    Almost shudder to think how it may have changed over 35 years! Hope the core was protected.

I would be uneasy trusting my more delicate warship models to airfreight ๐Ÿค”
    So I would probably only bring my little Sea Scout. But her performance on the water might entertain the visitors๐Ÿ˜Š
    Check my Harbour and Build Blog for info with video.

Looking forward to further details Rudy.
    Cheers, Doug๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Young at heart ๐Ÿ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.๐Ÿ˜Š Cheers Doug
    Rudy-M
    Midshipman
    ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ South Africa
    46 Views ยท 5 Likes
    Flag
    Online: 15 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    ๐Ÿ’ต Gift a Membership
    Dear Scale Model Boaters! Have you ever thought of visiting Cape Town? Well, our club wants to host an International Scale Model Boat Show at a Wine Estate in South Africa and I want to find out how many will be interested in attending such an event.
    We don't have a fixed date yet, but it would be around January / February 2025.
    We anticipate the event to run from a Sunday through the Wednesday (4 days).
    As to costs, attending the event will be free, but you need to get your best models here. We can arrange for pickup at the airport and temporary storage two weeks prior to the event (Cost will depend on number of models needing storage).
    Please share your thoughts.(Yes we will get the Television Channels / Radio stations involved).
    RSVP must be confirmed in June 2024.
    Think of it this way - it's an opportunity to meet the world's biggest nutcase - ME!๐Ÿ˜
    Just as a matter of interest - LHR to CPT Return flights at today's prices are around GBP1500 or US$1800 from Newark (EWR) with United Airlines
    Rudy

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy