• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Cruise ships
    by Nerys πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    6 Posts 5 Replies 0 Photos 4 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Commander
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    Online: 13 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    It was about twelve years ago that I did the Norwegian Coastal Voyage with Hurtigruten on their MS Polarlys. At the time I was spending a lot of time with my sister in France and all my photos went onto one of her computers. However, if you google Hurtigruten ships, they all come up in far greater detail than I could have ever given. Decide for yourself, but I like the MS Lofoten and the MS Nordstjernen. During the eleven day voyage, we passed one of the other ships going in the opposite direction every day so saw quite a few. I can't remember where it was, but at one place we stopped, there was a Hurtigruten museum with the original ship, preserved out of the water and a wonderful museum full of models pf their ships. The whole thing was an unforgettable experience which, if my health allowed it, I would love to repeat.

Cheers, Nerys.
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    redpmg
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    How about some pictures Nerys
    Nerys
    Commander
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Smaller than the majority of cruise ships, carrying a mixture of passengers and cargo the Hurtigruten ships are quite good looking compared with many and their older vessels are ships that are really good traditional looking and ready for hard work. Hurtigruten - the Norwegian Coastal Voyage, run from Bergen to Kirkenes, near the Russian border, every day of the year calling at umpteen small ports on the way.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Nerys
    Commander
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    There are worse things. Look at the car transporters!.

Nerys
    redpmg
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Agreed Nerys - all look like hotels that have fallen over - extremely ugly - the new Cunarder is hideous unlike her predecessor - there are a couple of exceptions - like the small exploration ships that only carry a hundred or so passengers.
    One parked in the roads outside Gansbaai harbour some years ago - obviously did not know about the local crosscurrents - rolling in the swells about 20 degrees either side. Passengers going to go shark cage diving had to go ashore in hired inflatables - could not launch her own boats.........
    Lovely looking old fashioned type ship though............Called (??? {Something} Explorer) - looked a bit like the one that sunk near the Galapagos Islands........
    And as for the plastic bottle type cabin cruisers and motor yachts - they simply look ridiculous...........
    Nerys
    Commander
    πŸ“ Cruise ships
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I know this is nothing to do with model boat building, but I hope I can assume that we all have an interest in real ships and shipping. Now, call me an old fuddy duddy if you like, but I can't help thinking how ugly most modern cruise liners have become. Slab sided, cliffs of steel hiding floating holiday resorts. Functional yes, but hardly a thing of beauty. The only exceptions in my opinion are the ships belonging to the Fred Olsen line. There we have four nice traditional ships, Braemar, Boudicca, Black Watch and Balmoral, all with real style.

Nerys

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info