• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    MFA 919D series geared electric motors
    by Hugh πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί ( Master Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    6 Posts 5 Replies 0 Photos 12 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Commander
    πŸ“ MFA 919D series geared electric motors
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    My nearest model shop is about 60 or more miles away. Their only interest is drones. A few bits for model boats stocked, but no hope of any advice. I tried phoning a major mail order supplier for information, it was forthcoming, but proved wrong. So the forums are the only place unless you are lucky enough to have a club nearby.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    redpmg
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Pity the poor novice modeler who has NO model shops or club nearby - how do you get advice other than on forums like this...........
    The internet suppliers give specifications on their motors etc - but they don't give out information of the sort that it might suit a planing hull or a tug etc - and could not be expected to do so. Suppliers are also reluctant to stay on the phone too long understandably - and phone calls are expensive anyway.........
    And we are trying to encourage newcomers to our hobby - sad really. Plus in this country now there is very little in the way of model boat items - what there is is very expensive and beyond the reach of a lot of people........
    MouldBuilder
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    The lack of good model shops seems to be the way things are these days. RC is even more difficult to find, especially ones that actually know anything about the subject. It is a good job we have the internet even though this might be part of the reason for the lack of shops. Oh well. Good job this site exists as help is only a question away.😊
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    BOATSHED
    Midshipman
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    MFA aren't what they used to be. They just seem to sell a few motors and batteries and a few other bits and pieces. Gears ans belts. I still have an old catalogue of theirs from years ago. When they used to sell model boats and a whole assortment of model parts as well as model planes. Shame they have gone that way. Even model shops are few and far between and most of them do not sell much in the way of model boat stuff. TJD models are just over a mile or so from me and they are mainly planes and cars and plastic models. They have about 9 or 10 model boats and hardly ant small accessories.
    BOATSHED
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 38 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Hugh,
    If they are metal gears yes - a few drops of light machine oil from time to time.
    Helps to keep 'em quiet as wellπŸ˜‰
    If nylon or plastic gears NO! But on the shaft bearings / bushes if metal YES!
    Cheers, Doug 😎
    Young at heart - slightly older in other places πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    Hugh
    Master Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 25 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Can anyone tell me if these motors need to have their gears oiled/lubricated?

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info