• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Save £50 when you join Bulb
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Aerials & Pacemakers
    by redpmg πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ ( Sub-Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    7 Posts 6 Replies 0 Photos 18 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    redpmg
    Sub-Lieutenant
    πŸ“ Aerials & Pacemakers
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Martin your story reminds me of one funny incident - which could have been disastrous.......
    A Vampire T11 came back after a run to the bombing range with a hung up WW2 type 3" rocket with a 50lb concrete practice warhead - aircraft was left in the revetments facing the length of the runway slightly to one side of it as per regulations - an armourer climbed underneath to check the connections - sure enough what was called a pigtail lead had come loose . He reconnected it. Despite all rules which prevent other trades from working on any aircraft while armourers are busy on it an air electrician climbed into the cockpit and decided to test the firing circuit- as he did so said rocket took off........armourer leapt for safety.........A few unkind words were said..........
    The rocket ran the length of the runway - across a main highway (which led to the PM's farm) and landed amidst a herd of dairy cows a few miles away............ fortunately no one or any animal was hurt BUT the lady farmer claimed compensation from the Air Force as as her cows did not give milk for a week.........
    marky
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Martin ,it was an ancient TIG welder the size of a small container but did the most incredible aluminium welds (or was that me🀣🀣) it was replaced in the late 80s when they rewired the workshop . The bookies shop was happy at least they could watch the horse racing without interference on the telly .
    Martin555
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Marky,
    At least it had a warning sign on it.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    marky
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Sorry should have said not many if any Students were fitted with pacemakers,on AC the bookies shop across the roads telly used to go haywire 🀣🀣🀣
    marky
    Lieutenant Commander
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    We used to have an old TIG welder at the college that had a warning on it that anyone fitted with a pace maker was not to use it in either DC Negative or AC
    Martin555
    Rear Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 6 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Red,
    Talking about Pacemakers, when i was working in the shipyard i had to test some cables using a Megga tester.
    Unknown to me a fellow electrician was playing with the other end of the cable so when i pushed the button he promptly started jumping about and then collapsed to the floor.
    He was then taken to Hospital.
    It was some time later i found out that he had a Pacemaker fitted.

The daft bit was he knew that i was testing that cable.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    redpmg
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Years ago we had a strange incident at our club water in Johannesburg - a friend Neville was trying to adjust a valve on his steam boat and was leaning over it trying for the right position - giving short blips on his transmitter to check . The aerial was pointing outside the fenced off club circle. An elderly spectator was leaning over the fence to try and see what was going on - with the aerial tip close to his chest . All of a sudden the spectator leapt about as if he had St Vitus dance - nearly falling over in the process .........
    Turned out he had a pacemaker fitted and it had gone berserk as Neville blipped the transmitter - if he had been holding it on the spectator might well have had a heart attack and died. Fortunately he recovered quickly and saw the funny side of it..........One of those people who are able to laugh at themselves. If I remember correctly his comment was "serves me right for sticking my nose in ".
    Wonder if 2.4ghz would do the same ? we were all using 27mhz at the time.........

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info