• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Ted Stinson Plans
    by redpmg πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ ( Lieutenant Commander)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    4 Posts 3 Replies 5 Photos 9 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    EdH
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Ted Stinson Plans
    Flag
    Online: 49 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes, I was also sad to hear Ted had died, but his plans and kits live on. I particularly like the Friendship Sloop, which of course is local. The modified tug was the only kit I actually built, but I used some of his ideas in scratch built models. Ed
    Ed H
    redpmg
    Lieutenant Commander
    πŸ“ Ted Stinson Plans
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Very interesting story Ed - you made a very good job of the boat - the setting is extremely well done - great pictures.
    Was sad to hear Ted passed away in 2018 - there was one of his early design tugs I always wanted - the Preston - never been able to find the plan as at the time of discovering that it was his design he was no longer contactable and the website no longer functioned.
    Extremely prolific designer when you consider the railways and aircraft as well. Bit like Vic Smeed in the sense of his width of interest and the large amount he designed.
    Still have 3 of his kits here - two of which are on the plan list ( Arnold S & Lobster Boat) the third being the Sea Bird yawl originally designed by Tom Day of The Rudder magazine and built by Harry Pidgeon for his round the world travels in the early 1900's
    EdH
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Ted Stinson Plans
    Flag
    Online: 49 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Edgecomb is just across the river from Wiscasset, where Ted Stinson started his business. I really liked his kits and plans for traditional local boats and spent a lot of time in his place. I gave my young son a kit of the tug which never got built, but years later, I built it as a static coastal trader in a Cornish village on a G scale railway built with his children! I moved the house aft and made a hold forward, which they could load with a crane which picked up and dropped loads with a magnet as a hook (the guts from a relay energized by the telephone wire cord)! I sent pictures to Ted which caused a few laughs. Take a look at these plans. Good stuff! Ed
    Ed H
    redpmg
    Lieutenant Commander
    πŸ“ Ted Stinson Plans
    Flag
    Online: 8 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    For those that may be interested - Ted Stinson was a prolific US model designer - he produced most of Midwest, Laughing Whale , Blue Jacket and his own Freedom Song Boatworks designs.
    Currently there is an offer of plans for a Maine Lake steamer , a Maine Lobster Boat , a Sailing Scow and the Arnold S a small US Tug. All those downloadable for the grand sum of $4.48 on special. They do include component drawings as far as I am aware
    The link is :- https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/product/digital-download/grpd...

The Scow and the Arnold S are shown in this picture from RC Groups. . Barge plan is not included.
    https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/product/digital-download/grpdf099
    πŸ”—

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info