• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Good reading
    by Newby7 πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ ( Midshipman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    13 Posts 12 Replies 0 Photos 39 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Captain
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 21 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes Doug, we were doing dialysis at home, but last October, my fistula blocked up and I had to have a line fitted into my neck as a temporary means of carrying out dialysis. As this is more prone to infection it meant dialysis in hospital, I had the operation to make a new fistula in the other arm but this takes a couple of months before it is ready to use, Unfortunately, it has never worked properly and needs another op to put it right. Current situation has meant that can't be done at the moment, so, I am stuck having to visit the hospital twice a week until further notice.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 24 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hang in there NerysπŸ‘
    What happened to the dialysis room you had installed at home?
    All the best,
    Doug 😎
    The Bugs are on the run 😊 ❄️❄️❄️ Get out and run those Sea Trials!! πŸ˜‰ Cheers Doug
    Nerys
    Captain
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 21 minutes ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Mark,
    Yes, but they've cut me down to two sessions a week instead of three. They said they were cutting the number of sessions to reduce the chances of infection, so I have treatment on Tuesday and Saturday evenings. It's alright having the extra day free, but by the time Friday night comes, I'm feeling rough and know I could do with treatment. They have given me some tablets to take if I really feel ill. Hope you manage to keep alright if they have cut out all your treatment.

All the best, Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Newby7
    Midshipman
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 2 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    So good to hear you are able to work and stay afloat and you have been able to help your workers in this time of need.
    Rick
    Scratchbuilder
    Warrant Officer
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Peter.
    Well done for you.
    Difficult times for so many companies and I congratulate you for keeping going.
    So many people being affected in so many ways,most of it not good,including two of my children who are under the shadow of redundancy.
    It would be good to see more British based manufacturing rather than from China.
    Keep it up and hope all works out.
    Regards Bill
    Bill
    Martin555
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Peter,
    Well i hope that we all get back to some sort of normality soon.

Unfortunately there will be quite a few companies that will not be reopening and a lot of people will not have jobs to go back to.

It is surprising that something so small has had such a big impact on the world.

So everyone please stay safe and don't let your guard down.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    MouldBuilder
    Captain
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I gave my workforce the option to be furloughed or not. They decided to go and we decided to make up their wages to 100% for the first three weeks. My business partner has a broken wrist which took us to 1.5 workers left. Five weeks later and his cast has just been removed and he is getting better daily. We now are up to 1.8 workers. Both of my two main CNC spark eroders went down last week. Fortunately the engineers do not have much to do at present so I managed to get them down from the Midlands.
    This all sounds like a bad story but believe me, My partner and I have worked our socks off and have managed to almost keep up with tool deliveries. This is why I am so tired. We are doing ok thanks. We will survive without the need for any external help except the furlough scheme. My workers could have stayed if they had so wished. I was not prepared to insist that they work as they were spending most of the day on their phones and the internet anyway.
    We run a tight ship and this will enable us to survive this problem. I think we will get busier too as it seems that a lot of companies in our sector are going to avoid China at least in the medium term.
    Peter.πŸ˜€
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    Martin555
    Admiral
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Peter,
    Sorry to hear how your days are going.
    Do you think this will effect your company much ?
    And how is it effecting your workforce ?

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    MouldBuilder
    Captain
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I am up at 5.30 most days. I go to work. I get annoyed by customers who do not seem to realise there is a Virus about. Probably because they are working from home. My guys are furloughed so all of the work we have is down to two of us. I go home too tired to do anything but collapse in the chair and watch the bad news of the day. I look forward to the weekend when I can finally get on with my boat projects once I have cleared up the list of "things to do" my dear wife has left me. Twenty minutes left for boats then.........Only kidding. I am left at least an hour.😁
    Peter.
    I promise I will finish a boat project before I start another......Maybe.
    marky
    Captain
    πŸ“ Good reading
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Nery's,are you still able to get your dialysis during lock down? They changed me from radio therapy to tablets to keep me away from the hospital.
    Cheers MarkyπŸ‘
    Show 3 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info