Well motor mount from SLEC turned Friday not bad for a tenner and delivered in 3 days. As it looks better then the 'wing it mount I put together and the issues its causing I decided to change it.
Wasn't looking forward to it as I couldn't remember how much glue I had used to stick the supports to hull. Didn't matter as I obviously can't mix araldite as the supports just popped off. I was then left with what looked like toffee which easily came off.
When using the SLEC mount as designed it proved to be too high and didn't align at all with the shaft. Also couldn't find the countersink screws for the x mount so thought I'd adapt it a little.....winging it again.
It did however show what could have caused some of the problems as when using the alignment coupling it shows the shaft to be installed at an angle as per photo. So I'm going to give it a go using the motor mount I used before but fix it this time with nyloc's so hopefully providing a more sound solution.
I shall use a bit of servo tape as Ian suggests to isolate it a little.
Fingers crossed this time.🤞