• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Minicraft power tools
    by Seawolf πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Leading Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    38 Posts 37 Replies 4 Photos 35 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Seawolf
    Leading Seaman
    πŸ“ Minicraft power tools
    Flag
    Online: 1 hour ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Red, just a quick question what make of radio do you use and the frequency

Thanks
    David
    Seawolf
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Red, good night and sleep well, catch up with you tomorrow at some point.

Stay safe and well
    David
    redpmg
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 10 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Theres a little red square below your Avatar in each posting - someone wanting to contact you via a PM uses that - and vica versa of course.

Changed a lot since single channel radios and rubber powered escapements too - Only computer literate as previous life required it ..........

Sister in UK takes care of the postage - so dont fret.

Can give you an idea how to make the slide when measured & scanned - original only lightweight metal - as I said be a few days - now 1.30am - must go
    Seawolf
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Red, thanks for the parts I must pay you something it's only fair as your friend would have to post it when he got too the UK.

Regards the table saw I have the broken piece that you have shown on photo 2 it's just the guide in the same photo I have lost, so you have made a few model boats in your time. I have only just got back into modeling after taking a 30 year break with family growing up so can take a bit of time to start building models again, so much has changed radio wise from the old 27mhz and brush less motors never heard of. Fairly new too this site so don't know the procedure for sending my address over.

David
    redpmg
    Captain
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi David,
    You are welcome to the parts for the Fretsaw - Bench saw items in the 2nd pic I only have the ones for myself unfortunately - and will need to repair one piece anyway - but it might be a while till we find transport. Got a bargain when I bought the Fretsaw & 3 port VS Controller at boot sale near Lymington - also a big load of veneers for next to nothing from the same person - happy to pass it on . You can make a slide for yourself using a piece of hard timber and a bit of ply - will strip & measure the slide pieces for you . Send via a PM later this week - got to clear a bit of work first.

Been making models for close on 67 years - so have had a fair few models over that time including the ones with wings......... Which mostly tended to come home in a bin bag - so much prefer waterborne ones.......
    Seawolf
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Good evening from the UK, wow those are the parts I am looking for in photo 1 and 2.
    How much are you looking for for the parts, also forgot to mention that I have the thunder Tiger Seawolf rov. You have a fair few boats.
    As regards the Covid 19 we all have to stay safe and well as we don't know how long it's going to last.

David
    redpmg
    Captain
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi David .
    searched through the bits & pieces - Jigsaw is actually MB 490 like yours - round one is the Unimat attachment - need to check before I speak. Have some spares for that but sadly not for the table saw . Plastic safety shield is broken on the table saw - only noticed now - (hopefully with a bit of luck can adapt an old disposable lighter fairly easily) as is the width gizmo (see photo) . Take it what you were looking for is the slide piece in the picture - regrettably only have that one for myself.
    As regards the Jigsaw spares - previous owner used it commercially and bought a lot of spares - I can let you have whats shown in the picture - 2 square inserts plus 1 short , one long blade holders and the allen key.
    There is a slight possibility that someone might be going over to the UK in the next month or two- usually easy to find someone doing so - but this pandemic is a huge problem travel wise. Total waste of time using the post and with courier cost would be cheaper to buy another jigsaw.............

As to the boats - currently on the stocks are 3 Small Elver vane steered Yachts, a 16" version of a Fairey Huntress , a Billings 100 series Trawler , and a pair of Q3 tug kits - all for grandsons & other family members - a 23"Huntsman for a friend plus a 19"Huntress for myself , and a pair of Cabin Cruisers 7" & 10" respectively started in Lockdown . Plastic Magic wise a Heller Smit London Tug and a Lindberg kit being converted to the SA Tug Alwyn Vintcent There are quite a few others lurking in the background too like a 80 % complete Billings Norden and a half completed Deans Marine mini Clyde Puffer ..............

Unfortunately at 10 years past retirement age still having to run a small business with a Laser Cutter/Engraver in conjunction with better half . One good thing is that I am able to use it for making kits for the boats. Very much quicker than using the fretsaw - but the parts have to be drawn out first - not as easy as it sounds.........

Have an extensive collection of paper/digital plans and articles which I'm always happy to share with other modellers and do so fairly often ........Also try and help with preserving model boat plans for posterity........

Look forward to your Tina build - have a small Billings Cabin Cruiser also named Tina (long since out of production - one that was built for my son years ago - but it needs refurbishing)

Use Red - everyone else does - only use real moniker on PM's - some people are odd - Martin forgot to add that .......
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    And different ways of solving the same problem David.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Seawolf
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Yes sure Martin, they are interesting about how people have different views of building and helping each other out.

David
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Excellent David,
    We all like build logs.
    Looking forward to it.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    Show 28 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info