• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Billings Tug St Canute
    by colindavies πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Master Seaman)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    4 Posts 3 Replies 2 Photos 7 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Richard7
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ Billings Tug St Canute
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks Colin, l think when the Canute first came out the hull was built in two sections, the later kits it changed to a one hull build. However l did have a problem with the stern planking which l switched to balsa blocks, not ideal l know.
    Good luck with the build and would be interested in some photos as you progress.
    Cheers for now
    Richard
    colindavies
    Master Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 17 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Thanks for that Richard, the motor you have is similar to the one I am going to fit. If anything is missing from the kit I'll have to live with it and fabricate the parts myself. One problem is that the kit is 20 years old and the wood is very brittle if I soak it to bend it it disintegrates so I am now treating the wood before using it, nice little lockdown project.
    Richard7
    Petty Officer 1st Class
    Flag
    Online: 3 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hello Colin, l have been building the St Canute over the last two years, for me it’s been a challenge l have to admit but l am getting there, if you look under Richard7 l have posted a few pictures of the build, if you cannot find them let me know and l will post them again. Unfortunately for Billing Boats it’s not uncommon to find pieces missing, l had two brass parts missing on the forward winch fortunately l had purchased the model through Cornwall Model Boats so they acted on my behalf to obtain these parts which too about 12 weeks. I have attached a picture of the winch and motor that l am fitting.
    All the best
    Richard
    colindavies
    Master Seaman
    Flag
    Online: 17 days ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I have been given a billings model kit of the steam tug St Canute, this model was started about 20years ago by a friend of mines' husband, who had just about assembled the frames before he ran out of interest or was too busy at work, so it ended up in his loft. I have now ended up with it, my question is; " has anybody built a r/c model of St Canute and if so what motor did they put in it?" I do have a couple of spare 555's so I could use one of those if suitable. Anybody got any ideas.

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info