• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    British T class sub 3rd. series
    by tim morland ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ( Leading Seaman)
    ๐Ÿ“ฃ

Click To
    Follow
    10 Posts 9 Replies 0 Photos 13 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Scratchbuilder
    Sub-Lieutenant
    ๐Ÿ“ British T class sub 3rd. series
    Flag
    Online: 3 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fred.
    I am interested in seeing pictures of your T class.
    Sorry to hear re the first one sinking in the quarry....140 feet is a bit deep to try and retrieve.Have you ever thought of enlisting the services of the nearest diving club to try to retrieve as a training exercise.
    They may relish the challenge.
    Just a thought.
    Regards Bill.
    Bill
    Fred
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 1 day ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Neil

Thank you for you kind words, if you have ever been to the service in January at St George's Chapel, then we must have meet up.

My other club Association of Model Submariners used to spend a weekend at the Museum for a number of years, our contact was Terrey Chamberlain. I have a photo of myself standing on the deck of Alliance taken at one of our weekends.(was a lot younger then)

Keep Safe my friend

Fred
    That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.
    neilmc
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    Online: 7 hours ago
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Fred
    Not sure how to write this but sorry for the loss of your dad on Truculent.
    I was a submariner for 30 years after leaving I took up a volunteers position as a guide on Alliance. I always spoke about Truculent to the visitors so the memory of those that gave remained alive on Alliance. There's also a grave of Mervyn Johnston in Gosport cemetery that a couple of us attend in honour of the changes this sad loss but also the changes this bought about to submarine escape.
    An honour to know you on here Fred.
    Regards Neil
    Learning so much more with each reply to my posts. One day I may have a boat in the water ๐Ÿค”
    Fred
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Tim

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier.

In answer to you question on working "T" yes my first one is now sitting on the bottom at about 140+feet of water in a disused quarry (long story)

"T" number two is in my garage I will get it down and take some photos of the rudder and rear planes link up for you in the week.

In your P/M you asked about some drawings I never did find them in my hunt for info, the one place that at the time was a great help was the Barrow shipyard along with the Liverpool Museum

My love for the "T" is all down to my late Farther he was on HMS/M Truculent when she was lost in 1950.

Keep Safe

Fred
    That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.
    tim morland
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Many thanks for your advice Fred, it's greatly apreciated.

Are you familiar with working models of T class?

I am 3D printing at 1/40th scale which will produce a model round about 6feet or so. I didn't realise until I'd printed it, that the rudder is set so far astern and also the boat is so thin at that place. I can't see how I can make steering linkages internally. I suppose I could make some sort of gearing mechanism rather like a Kort nozzle system which is a bit daunting. If anyone has any ideas they will be gratefully received gratefully received.
    Best wishes Tim
    Fred
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Tim

Have sent you an email.

Fred
    Fred
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi Tim

I have found John Lambert's plans of HMS/M Tabard, the thing is there is no detailing of weld lines, I have not had a look at my dockside drawings to see if they have the detail that you are after.

I have also found John's set of drawings for the Four inch Q.F deck gun for a late "T" class.

As were are in lock down I am unable to get them copied, if you like I could scan the John Lambert drawings and email them, just P/M your email address

Keep safe

Fred

P/S were are you in the U,K?
    tim morland
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Many thanks Fred, I greatly appreciate that.
    Tim.
    Fred
    Warrant Officer
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hi
    I have a set of drawings from Barrow of the "T" I may also have the one's that you are after will have a look for them over the next few days, and get back to you ASAP.

FRED
    tim morland
    Leading Seaman
    Flag
    ๐Ÿ˜Š View Profile
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Send PM
    Hello everyone,
    I hope that someone can help me with a small problem. I am currently building a surface running British T class sub, 3rd. series. eg HMS Talent, Tabard, Tiptoe. John Lambert produced a wonderful set of plans showing external details such as weld lines, rivet lines etc. Unfortunately since John's death the plans are no longer available. (post war modified HMS Tabard is) . If anyone has a set of plans for HMS Tabard etc (unmodified) that they could lend or sell me, I would be extremely grateful.
    I have made a 1/40 scale model from Malcolm Taylor's plans (Sarik Hobbies) but it is a plain hull without any detail. If anyone has any information about added detail eg guns , plating etc. that I could examine, please let me know.
    Best wishes to all and keep safe,
    Tim

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info