• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    OREWA BEACH, AUCKLAND NZ, YEARLY MUSIC CONCERT AND FIREWORKS TONIGHT.
    by jbkiwi πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ ( Admiral)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    18 Posts 17 Replies 7 Photos 28 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    ToraDog
    Chief Petty Officer 1st Class
    πŸ“ OREWA BEACH, AUCKLAND NZ, YEARLY MUSIC CONCERT AND FIREWORKS TONIGHT.
    Flag
    Online: 11 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Newby7,
    You hit the nail on the head.I have been trying to get a hull to a friend in Canada since last February. He was going to pick it up while driving to Florida. Too expensive to ship it in one piece, being 7+ ft long. Now I will have to cut it to ship it. Meanwhile Canadians can fly to this country while having a commercial company drive their RV across the border, where the owners pick it up. There is always a way to get around rules if one looks hard enough and is willing to pay the $. It just leave 80 % of people restricted while the 20% get to flaunt it. In the end, it is all about the $$$$.
    Newby7
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I'm angry at what is happening in the US now.Canada has close ties with the US not only economically but border as well.Years ago most countries implemented wearing seat belts to save lives and it has.
    How is wearing a mask an infringement on peoples rights.For me leadership is the key to mask wearing .I believe the US leadership has checked out.Could be very costly to Canada in the future.
    Rick
    ToraDog
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    LOL. How right you are Doug.
    RNinMunich
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 0 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "we are the leader of the free world...you are in trouble now!🀞"
    No TD you are!
    The US may have been the leader of the 'free' world, especially after they took over the job of the 'World's Policeman' from Britain after WW2, and they may well be again. But they certainly were not under Trump.
    Trump could only 'lead' πŸ™„ those countries he could put under financial duress and did not have the strength or the will to resist.
    Depends to a large extent on one's definition/delineation of 'The Free World' and concept of 'leading'!
    Doug 😎
    Young at heart πŸ˜‰ Slightly older in other places.;-/ Cheers Doug
    ToraDog
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    No argument from me...I have considered moving. It is still an option because I do not see this country return to a sensible state.
    My wife and I spent 2 weeks in NZ and 2 in Australia while on our honeymoon, 32 years past, and we were both floored by the beauty and sensibility(not quite so much so in Kaola land). What goes around, comes around I am afraid.....
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi TD, we have the odd idiot here and Aust as well, but our laws are on the side of business owners who can refuse entry to people without masks (if that is their policy) we don't have people deliberately going into shops without masks, screaming about their rights not to wear one, as many videos from the US seem to show. It's nice to be free, but when it comes to endangering your fellow countrymen and women, you have to draw a line somewhere. When we see this sort of stuff going on, we feel sorry for all the people doing the right thing. This virus will never go away unless everyone is on the same side and making an effort.

A number of countries have pretty much done it by making a small sacrifice, and are now able to relax a bit. There are still people round the world who just don't (or won't ) get that.

As an aside,- We have had a massive surge in Americans applying for residents visas recently, which perhaps says a lot about what they are thinking. What can we say but "c'mon down"😁, rather you guys than certain others we can't mention.πŸ˜‰

BTW, something model related,- did you know that a Kiwi owned and improved SIG manufacturing at one stage (just stirring)😁 oh, and we are making our own rockets down here nowπŸ˜‚ even put up a few satellites😁. Watch out NASA !😊

JB
    ToraDog
    Flag
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    "A lot of Americans are just plain stupid,- complaining about their rights not to wear masks etc and having unprotected mass rallies and risking the lives of the sensible people there. What can you expect but higher numbers. Numbers also seem to be proportional to the population concentrations to a degree. Sept figures for Vietnam,-1350 cases, only 35 deaths for eg, - world wide over 63m cases with only 1.47m deaths. "
    And you ought to try staying alive while surrounded by that lot!
    Don't forget, we are the leader of the free world...you are in trouble now!🀞
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Rick, I think you will find that most of the people who are dying today, are poorer people who cant afford or can't get to doctors or testing stations till it's too late, or older people. South America is a very good example, where people in crowded slum areas were dying at a high rate in their houses, and guys were just going round in vans collecting the bodies, - same in India. UK has some pretty crowded poorer areas as well, (also highly populated cities) so the death toll has been high there as well (also because of people ignoring the health warnings).

A lot of Americans are just plain stupid,- complaining about their rights not to wear masks etc and having unprotected mass rallies and risking the lives of the sensible people there. What can you expect but higher numbers. Numbers also seem to be proportional to the population concentrations to a degree. Sept figures for Vietnam,-1350 cases, only 35 deaths for eg, - world wide over 63m cases with only 1.47m deaths.

World population 2020 - 7.8 billion people = 1/5,306th of the worlds population has died (supposedly of this virus,) - not even noticeable in real terms. When you think that over 200,000 people died just from the Indonesia tsunami and almost 16,000 in the 2011 Japan tsunami, - that's just a couple of natural disasters affecting 2 very small areas on the earths surface.

If someone you know dies from it, it will appear far more deadly than it really is. It is a new strain of an old virus and we still need time to tame it.
    If Ebola was let loose in China for example, imagine the consequences!
    Ebola is way more deadly,(50% death rate) - we are lucky this is only a new nasty flu strain which can be cured in 99% of cases, if caught early. In Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea 11,000 people died from Ebola in 2013 (even with a huge containment effort) - and that is nowhere near world wide! There is no current cure for Ebola either.

JB
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 39 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Newby, that's exactly what we were doing. I think a close scrutiny of the published figures could reveal a lot when compared to other non covid years. There's an agenda here somewhere. There's a lot of conspiracy theories which make interesting reading.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Newby7
    Captain
    Flag
    Online: 5 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Nerys not to making lite of your thought process but when you look at the covid deaths you need to then add in all other deaths that you compared from last year and then get a total.
    Rick
    Show 8 More Posts

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info