• Domain Fees
  • Security Certificates
  • iOS & Android App Fees
  • Website Hosting
  • Fast Servers
  • Data Backups
  • Upkeep & Maintenance
  • Administration Costs

Without your support the website wouldn't be what it is today.

Please consider donating towards these fees to help keep us afloat.

Read more

All donations are securely managed through PayPal. Amounts donated are not published online.

Many thanks for your kind support
  • Join Us On Social Media!
    Model Boats Website
    Model Boats Website
    Home
    Forum
    Build Blogs
    Media Gallery
    Boat Clubs & Lakes
    Events
    Boat Harbour
    How-To Articles
    Plans & Docs
    Useful Links

Followers
    Chinese sellers on Amazon UK
    by CB90 πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ ( Lieutenant)
    πŸ“£

Click To
    Follow
    5 Posts 4 Replies 1 Photo 9 Likes
    ( Newest Posts Shown First )
    Nerys
    Vice Admiral
    πŸ“ Chinese sellers on Amazon UK
    Flag
    Online: 54 seconds ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    I agree with you JB, we have often looked for something, left it a day or two, go back to it and the price has risen. We have seen this so many times that we are convinced that it is deliberately targeted marketing. Leave it a few weeks and the price has probably reverted to the original.

Nerys
    When the winds before the rain, soon you may make sail again, but when the rain's before the wind, tops'l sheets and halyards mind
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Jb,
    The problem now is everything has the Covid excuse attached no matter what it is.

Price rises and delivery it is all effected.
    But you will not know if it is true or not.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    jbkiwi
    Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Happens on Ali Express all the time Martin. If you purchase something and go back to buy the same thing from the same seller 3 months later, the price will have possibly doubled. Things which cost me $2 a year ago now cost $10 0r $12. Not sure whether the sellers or Ali Express keep track of you somehow and spot you as a return sucker, but it strikes me as a bit odd at times. I have a times bought something, and the next day, thought "I need more", gone back to do another order and the price has changed already, (maybe 20c or so,-but in 1 day??) odd!

Not all sellers by any means, but enough to make you suspicious. Times I've paid for better shipping over free shipping, and the item's taken the same time to arrive, - even though it says less time?? The Ali Express std shipping is now all over the place, (from say $2.50 - $6) when it was all pretty much one price??

I have something which supposedly arrived in the country 27/10/20 (according to A/Ex delivery info. Then it apparently arrived in the country again about a week ago??? Still waiting and I bought it in October 13th. Now the date has gone back to 27th again. Mind you, our postal service is crap now as it's mostly done by private contractors who don't give a stuff. Found my jet unit for the boat lying in the garden a while back where a courier had tossed it over the gate,- it had been outside for 3 days till I found it by chance. I got an item once which took 2.5 months from China,- looked like it had been kicked round the world when I finally got it.

Still waiting for other stuff which was supposed to be here around the 12th-19th of Nov. No rhyme or reason to their tracking info, - totally irrelevant information,- you just have to wait and hope things will arrive. I don't see why, when we could fly to Shanghai in 12hrs, it takes more than a month for goods to arrive here,- especially when planes were arriving almost every day. (just had one from Hong Kong at mid day yesterday) It's only about 2hrs from Beijing to Hong Kong for eg. Their postal service seems chaotic with items sometimes going through 10 or more processes in a few days, then disappearing for a month or more before turning up in your box.

I'm starting to look more locally now for items like batteries, as I'm getting sick of waiting, and the shipping HK is charging now has stopped me buying anything from them. Rather pay the extra and have the items same day, (plus you have a shop you can go back to with a problem)

Don't forget that Ali Express is mostly CCP run now.

Banggood seems to have a better delivery method.

JB
    Martin555
    Fleet Admiral
    Flag
    Online: 4 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi CB90,
    I had the same sort of thing happen to me a couple of years ago.
    Purchased an item for a family members Birthday, i used ebay.
    When the item arrived a month latter all was good.
    Two weeks later i received a letter from HM Revenue and Customs stating i owed them XΒ£ Custom Duty.
    The item purchased worked out much more expensive than
    Expected.

So i wonder how many people this has happened to.

Martin555.
    If it looks right it probably is.
    CB90
    Lieutenant
    Flag
    Online: 9 hours ago
    😊 View Profile
    πŸ’¬ Send PM
    Hi Shipmates,
    (Need to get this off my chest.)
    Normally I have had good service from the Chinese sellers on Amazon UK
    but in the last 3 months I have had problems with some of these sellers.
    Examples:-

1, Ordered an item, one month later it is due to arrive, and suddenly get an email from seller saying they are refunding the money (after holding and probably investing it it for a month) making an excuse damage in transit, when you go to reorder they have doubled the price of the item.(Β£24 to Β£56)
    This has happen about 3 times on items such as ESC's and motors and Lipo batteries.

2, Item arrives but have to pay customs duty (Β£12.40) have to contact Amazon and try to get it reimbursed of the seller in China this has happened twice in the last 3 months. Amazon got it sorted the first time, the second time was today also sent me a 70A esc instead of the 120A I ordered, what a mess.

Amazon don't have much control over the Chinese sellers so if you get problems you have to depend on the Seller's integrity. Good luck.

Regards
    Roy

About This Website
    Terms of Service
    Privacy Policy
    Cookies used in this website are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free. By using this website you agree to our use of cookies. More Info