Thanks Graham, have tried this to no avail, have sent the following diagnosis to the retailer today.
Diagnostic Steps taken today 30th January 2021
Power setup -Flysky receiver, with shark esc and Thumper motor.
6 Nimh cells reading 7.67V
1. Another motor AXI 282010 connected to esc. Servos run ok motor does not beep.
2. Thumper motor runs with another controller.
3. Another controller and motor respond to Tx.
4. A servo works in the motor channel (3)
5. The esc in the battery socket powers the other servos.
6. The ESC in Channel 3 powers other servos.
7. The esc in Channel 3 does not respond to Tx command nor emit beeps.
8. Throttle channel revers switch makes no difference.
9. Output from BEC reads 4.99V
10. A separate battery pack in battery channel does not let the ESC start programming.
11. Tried different receiver.
I have duplicate setups, that is Shark ESC to Thumper motor, neither shows any response other than those above.